Idea: Granger Spit Temporarily Seals Doors

Request new features or present your ideas.

Allow granger spit to temporarily seal/slow down doors?

Yes

62%

No

38%

Total votes: 13
EckleckLighat
Dretch

Idea: Granger Spit Temporarily Seals Doors

Post by EckleckLighat »

Hai Guys!

This is not actually my idea - it was mentioned by someone or other during a game. I cannot for the life of me remember who it was.
Anyways...

The basic idea is that granger spit can temporarily seal a door shut, in order to allow it more time to escape. Of course, this could give birth to a new tactic of having a line of grangers keep the door shut. In such a situation I might suggest giving the flamer the ability to remove the gunk.

Great job on the game so far :D

KenuR
Tyrant

Re: Idea: Granger Spit Temporarily Seals Doors

Post by KenuR »

I don't know... seems kind of redundant.

I have another idea, what if, when you shoot granger spit at a turret, or a tesla it temporarily becomes disabled (or makes it turn slower) for a few seconds?

The recharge time should be increased significantly, maybe even give each granger one barb per life.

Erwin Rommel

Post by Erwin Rommel »

Disabling human base defenses would be OP to say the least.

I do, however, think that granger door spit could be an interesting strategic addition to the game. Of course, it would have to be balanced, but I think it could be quite fun.

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

Next to it being overpowered, it would also encourage Battle-Grangering, wich is a bad thing.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Yes to granger spit door seal and the flamer removing the seal. No to turret and tesla disabling that will encourage battle granger.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Why not give it to a new battlegranger class (1 evo) ehe... but that would be stealing ideas from korx... :/
How bout slowing the door by *0.75 first barb, lasting 2 seconds only. Every barb after only slows it down by *0.9. Has a max(min)-multiplier of *0.5.
But the biggest problem i have about this idea is blocking fellow aliens. That would just be more annoying. We're all annoyed aleady about how alien bboxes are massive which block fellow aliens while humans barely block each other, rather just bleeding a few dmg counters instead.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

Yes to granger spit door seal and the flamer removing the seal. No to turret and tesla disabling that will encourage battle granger.

If you give grangers only one barb per life, I am pretty certain that it wouldn't encourage battle grangering any more than it does already.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Well, a battle granger is still a battle granger. :(

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

EckleckLighat
Dretch

Post by EckleckLighat »

ViruS wrote:

But the biggest problem i have about this idea is blocking fellow aliens. That would just be more annoying. We're all annoyed aleady about how alien bboxes are massive which block fellow aliens while humans barely block each other, rather just bleeding a few dmg counters instead.

The main purpose of the spit is to allow Cute Cuddly Granger (CCG) to flee the Nasty Human Bastards (NHB) like me, not to block the Exhalted Alien Overlords (EAO). Typically there should be no reason for an alien to be blocked, as it would only be really useful in a fleeing/rebuilding situation.

Of course, we could:
a) Allow aliens to go through blocked doors.
b) Extend denybuild to prevent the player from Grangering.
c) Kick Cute Cuddly Granger.
d) Implement the magical basi fart which allows aliens to teleport across the map.
e) Do none of the above and see if it actually becomes a problem.

I disagree with slowing the door down, for the reason that some doors move (way) faster than others. Also, in a fleeing situation, the slower doors will still be opening after the granger passes through. Spitting at that time would have opposite the desired effect...

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

Well, a battle granger is still a battle granger. :(

Whatever :-P