Idea: Granger Spit Temporarily Seals Doors

Request new features or present your ideas.

Allow granger spit to temporarily seal/slow down doors?

Yes

62%

No

38%

Total votes: 13
ViruS
Granger

Re: Idea: Granger Spit Temporarily Seals Doors

Post by ViruS »

You know in some 1.1 mods, such as X, grangers simply keep rushing just to do one damage swipe/blob. They are effective surprisingly.

UniqPhoeniX

Post by UniqPhoeniX »

How about making granger spit on ground slow down humans, or increasing the slow time if you hit a human? And no to giving any incentives to attack enemy base with a free class.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

That'll do. Afterall the impact image is a creep. But then it would be too easy to slow humans down by simply covering the whole path with splats rather than slowlocking them directly.

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

Boosting granger's "fighting" ability will increase the number of feeding battlegrangers, I think it's fine as it is.

EckleckLighat
Dretch

Post by EckleckLighat »

But then it would be too easy to slow humans down by simply covering the whole path with splats rather than slowlocking them directly.

Why not make the splat smaller and reduce the amount of time it lasts?

Boosting granger's "fighting" ability will increase the number of feeding battlegrangers, I think it's fine as it is.

I don't know if you were regarding my suggestion, but I don't see how mucking up doors can be considered a "fighting" ability... it's a fleeing ability.

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

EckleckLighat wrote:

I don't know if you were regarding my suggestion, but I don't see how mucking up doors can be considered a "fighting" ability... it's a fleeing ability.

I think he was talking about the ability to fiddle with turrets and stuff.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Have you ever 1v1 using battlegranger vs.. lets say naked rifle? If the granger has 0 or almost 0 ping to prevent warp, it is actually very easy for him to kill the rifle guy. I've done some times.
Combo moves for 1.1 adv granger:

1. Spit until hits once
  2. Swipe 4 times from the first spit
  3. Spit again
  4. Repeat from step 2

Obviously attempt dodging of your choice.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

EckleckLighat wrote:

The main purpose of the spit is to allow Cute Cuddly Granger (CCG) to flee the Nasty Human Bastards (NHB) like me, not to block the Exhalted Alien Overlords (EAO). Typically there should be no reason for an alien to be blocked, as it would only be really useful in a fleeing/rebuilding situation.

Of course, we could:
a) Allow aliens to go through blocked doors.
b) Extend denybuild to prevent the player from Grangering.
c) Kick Cute Cuddly Granger.
d) Implement the magical basi fart which allows aliens to teleport across the map.
e) Do none of the above and see if it actually becomes a problem.

I disagree with slowing the door down, for the reason that some doors move (way) faster than others. Also, in a fleeing situation, the slower doors will still be opening after the granger passes through. Spitting at that time would have opposite the desired effect...

What if you just make the granger unable to build during the time the door is shut, and makle aliens unable to pass though the door. This would encourage only closing doors when you need to escape, and make sure that doors do not stay permnenantly sealed. One problem with this is that the alien team could camp in the window room with the door sealed until they rebuild the base. They could also seal off the door during human rushes, and let them in bit-by-bit, so that they could handle them one at a time.