single player campaign

Request new features or present your ideas.
DGMurdockIII

single player campaign

Post by DGMurdockIII »

I would love to see a single player campaign or at least a way to fight agenst bots as a start

Viech
Project Head

Re: single player campaign

Post by Viech »

Fighting against bots is already possible locally, there is just no UI for it yet. Open the console and use the »bot add« command. A single player campaign won't happen in the near future but we are working on features that can be seen as a prerequisite to one, such as lua scripting support.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

We'll need to add libRocket before we do anything UI-related.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I'd honestly like to help contribute ideas that are do-able with fuma again but I don't want to take up space in the 'issues' section and I doubt he checks the forums frequently.

Some of the ideas I had were aimed towards improving bot AI, such as more humane-aiming style (lag behind + aim ahead + delay + counterdelay + pitchpenalty, meaning that bunnyhopping and zig-zagging every 0.5 second dretches won't be as effective in dodging in comparison to one that uses walls, pitch penalty idea came from the fact that most modern games only required people to look left and right meaning that people suck at aiming at anything verticle), and more proffessional dodging (i.e. crouch/jumping in combat, utilising walls that are nearby [this'll be tough though], and dodging at more random times rather than periodically with a distinctive rhythm), saving up credits and donating, and very basic building using the tremulous' AlienInvasion mod's method.

Don't get confused with the AlienInvasion and the Invasion mod, they are completely different.