Gameplay Roadmap - 5.2 Dretches vs. human main base

Request new features or present your ideas.
Viech
Project Head

Gameplay Roadmap - 5.2 Dretches vs. human main base

Post by Viech »

5.2 Dretches vs. human main base wrote:

To an extent, dretches should be able to harm camping players, since they can't attack any structures and need the kills to evolve into a camp-breaking form. On the other hand, mindless and continuous dretch rushing is a zero-cost and relatively boring strategy that seems to work too well against early human bases: Together with their ability to attack structures in construction, waves of dretches are not only annoying but they can also inhibit human progress by disrupting their attempts to make the base strong enough to savely leave it for a counterstrike. During an attack of higher alien classes, the disorienting effect of dretches roaming inside the human base will make the attack signifcantly stronger, which isn't really true for human attacks that are supported by naked rifles.

Ishq wrote:

As we discovered during the tournament, dretches can really be gamebreaking. I understand the decision in GPP to allow dretches in to the main base: to allow aliens to scrape some evos off of camping humans. I don't think this requirement matters to us anymore. With our new confidence changes, humans that do this automatically lose. I think we should strengthen our main base by making it very, very difficult for dretches to get in and harass. The rocket projectile idea is interesting. I suppose I can only find out that it will work when we test it.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction