If you have trouble registering or do not receive a verification e-mail, please ask for help in chat.

My thoughts on how humans could be more balanced in Unvanquished

Request new features or present your ideas.
Memory@12B

My thoughts on how humans could be more balanced in Unvanquished

Postby Memory@12B » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:10 pm UTC

1. Once the humans unlock a few items they should in turn start not being able to earn as many points,
as an example for each new level there is a 5% point gain penalty.
I don't think this needs to apply to aliens but maybe it could I'm not sure. I think once humans have reached very high unlocks,
They shouldn't be able to gain anything from dretches at all, humans just become unstoppable at the point where aliens are just
throwing out dretches by the dozen because that's all you can do to a battle suit human.
If you do throw a bunch of dreches at someone with a battle suit,
once you eventually kill them they can just buy a new one with all of the points they gained from all of those dretches.

2. Aliens should get health back from kills, simple as that, it reward players for ambushing players for health and allow aliens to be more offensive.
You could even have it where the aliens need to take time to eat a corpse to gain burst of health once they are done,
that would prevent endless killing sprees and still allow an opportunity for humans to kill the alien.
Here's an idea: Aliens should get more points for every other kill they get in a life, of course it doesn't have to be every other kill and could be every
2 kills or whatever, but I think that would be a good idea,
and of course there would be a limit to the extra point you can get and after a while you would get reset to the normal amount of points
so you cant just farm forever.

3. Humans using upgrades should get a point penalty, from like the jet pack and radar giving a 15% point gain penalty
to the battle suit that would be something like a 75% point gain penalty. I think this could apply to the aliens evolutions too,
if aliens could get health back on human kills, the higher evolution you are, the less health you get on kill.

4. The flamethrower should be right up there with the Lucifer Cannons price, Its just so powerful but way to cheap to get.
Also, more expensive weapons should give you less points on kill, this will prevent the never ending supply of upgrades and flamethrowers etc.

5. Turrets can really kill the real time strategy in the game because the only thing people do it make a huge group of them and make a unstoppable little
pocket that is really unfair and not fun to fight against, a good solution to this would be making a requirement to space them out, this actually seems
like one of the really easy fixes because I know the game knows the distance between drills/leeches, so all you would need to do is make an distance
turrets need to be from one another in order to be placed.

6. Bots need a better field of view so that they don't just snap over to the trapper you just placed even though a normal player wouldn't see it.

7. Give aliens a bigger area of attack, what I mean by this is hits shouldn't have to be right on the crosshair but in area in the middle if the screen.
I think bigger aliens should have bigger areas of attack because melee shouldn't have to be that precise.

8. Maybe some aliens start with additional health that cant be regenerated, so like absorption or AHP (additional health points) idk.

9. Aliens should have upgrades!!!! Thicker exoskeletons! longer range attacks!
This one of course is a bit harder as you would have to make a lot of new things but still!

This list is unfinished so give suggestions!
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Re: My thoughts on how humans could be more balanced in Unvanquished

Postby Gireen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:13 pm UTC

Thanks for for posting your ideas :thumbup:

Whats the difference between 1 and 3?

2. Is an interesting approach for the healing problem. We could maybe have a mini booster grow out of corpses which dies after a short time or it its destroyed by humans.
Also, killstreaks! I cant wait to hop around as granger and have my multikills announced :grin:

5. is a much discussed problem. This solution is also often suggested. I personally like small bases which are as packet as possible, despite that aliens can destroy them really easy (mara zap jumps to all buildings)
Maybe we could just reduce the damage close to turrets, so that small clusters of them are not so strong. (at the moment its the opposite)

9. there are troughs about having tech trees that allow upgrades on a team or personal level. What other upgrades do you think would be interesting?
fear ma engrish :granger:
Memory@12B

Postby Memory@12B » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:56 am UTC

Thanks for the feedback Gireen!

The difference between 1 and 2 is that 1 talks about how unlocking the new items (the bar at the bottom of the screen) would give a point penalty to every human playing. Number 2 however talks about how buying a powerful item would put a point gain penalty on the single human that bought it. :flamer: :firebomb:
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Postby Gireen » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:38 pm UTC

So that means every item would have 2 types of penaltys attached to it one for the team when unlocked and one for the carrier.
That could maybe differ depending on how powerful they are.

But the penalty would only affect the rewards for killing enemys? or also the gains of momentum? ( collected to unlock other items)
fear ma engrish :granger:
freem
Mantis

Postby freem » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:11 pm UTC

Memory@12B wrote:1. Once the humans unlock a few items they should in turn start not being able to earn as many points,
as an example for each new level there is a 5% point gain penalty.

That's something I think about often enough.
If you weight 1K credits, and you kill a 200 credit enemy, you should not be rewarded much, but that should be true for both teams.
On the other hand, if, as a 200 credits worth thing, you kill a 1K enemy, you should have a big reward.

The problem is then about, evaluating the helpers. But overall, I want that feature. That's true for money, but also, and especially, for momentum. I would like to have high stages harder to reach, while medium one faster.

Memory@12B wrote:2. Aliens should get health back from kills, simple as that, it reward players for ambushing players for health and allow aliens to be more offensive.

Hum... I'm unsure on that one.
It does not seems silly, but aliens handled by strong players are already unstoppable. The problem is there: they require a very huge amount of skill to be played at all, skill that you can only acquire through tedious, endless defeats.
I'm afraid this would only make things worse.

Memory@12B wrote:4. The flamethrower should be right up there with the Lucifer Cannons price, Its just so powerful but way to cheap to get.

Either this, or nerfed. Ground flame duration is excessive. And that works for firebomb, too. They ignite far too high, too.
Keep in mind, though, that flamer have very limited range, and basically strong alien players will dodge all your expensive, high tier weapon, shots.

Memory@12B wrote:5. Turrets can really kill the real time strategy in the game because the only thing people do it make a huge group of them and make a unstoppable little
pocket that is really unfair and not fun to fight against, a good solution to this would be making a requirement to space them out, this actually seems
like one of the really easy fixes because I know the game knows the distance between drills/leeches, so all you would need to do is make an distance
turrets need to be from one another in order to be placed.

+1
Turtle human bases are a long standing problem.

Memory@12B wrote:6. Bots need a better field of view so that they don't just snap over to the trapper you just placed even though a normal player wouldn't see it.

Not sure what you mean here.

Memory@12B wrote:7. Give aliens a bigger area of attack, what I mean by this is hits shouldn't have to be right on the crosshair but in area in the middle if the screen.
I think bigger aliens should have bigger areas of attack because melee shouldn't have to be that precise.

Agree. Especially for tyrant.
But, that should have a cost imo.

Memory@12B wrote:8. Maybe some aliens start with additional health that cant be regenerated, so like absorption or AHP (additional health points) idk.

Now, that's a new, and interesting idea.

Memory@12B wrote:9. Aliens should have upgrades!!!! Thicker exoskeletons! longer range attacks!
This one of course is a bit harder as you would have to make a lot of new things but still!

This is an old idea, but it requires upgrade ideas to populate the evols :)
Ideas which are not just "be bigger" "deal more melee" "have ranged". Those are the current "advanced some_alien_name" and that's... pfff... cheap.

Memory@12B wrote:This list is unfinished so give suggestions!

Thanks for yours!

Gireen wrote:2. Is an interesting approach for the healing problem. We could maybe have a mini booster grow out of corpses which dies after a short time or it its destroyed by humans.

Would not that be a nice evolution, actually?

Gireen wrote:Also, killstreaks! I cant wait to hop around as granger and have my multikills announced :grin:

:thumbup:

Overall, don't worry if those are not implemented, the simple fact you submitted them helps a lot, and there's not lot of active devs, and they are busy on their own ideas.
That kind of discussions can, though, influence devs or modders :)
Moimeme

Postby Moimeme » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:45 pm UTC

The goddamn human bots repair the base so freaking fast. I hate it :D

They respawn buy their stuff in a second and ratatatata you're dead !

Sad story

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”