If you have trouble registering or do not receive a verification e-mail, please ask for help in chat.

mine generator

Request new features or present your ideas.
freem
Mantis

mine generator

Postby freem » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:22 am UTC

I think turrets are way too strong for tier 0 and tier 1 defenses.
I would like to make them tier2 and tier 3, respectively, and give humans a mine generator as tier 0 defense building. It would work like this:

* generates a mine in a random place within a radius every few periods of time
* mines disappear after some time, so that a single generator can't flood too much
* dretches would die with 2 mines, which explode in a radius (which implies friendly fire)

I don't know what would be best: mines could either be on ground, or floating mid-air, waiting for a target and then rush at it.
afontain

Re: mine generator

Postby afontain » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:27 am UTC

+1 I feel this could add some technological progress for the human side, and allow early aliens to actually do something when attacking.

For a beta implementation, one could recycle the old drill model :drill: and reuse the grenades or blaster model/shader.
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Postby Gireen » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:21 pm UTC

As new building its interesting.
As replacement for turrets in early game not so good. It would make it to easy to destroy a human base.
fear ma engrish :granger:
afontain

Postby afontain » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:52 pm UTC

It would make it to easy to destroy a human base.

Is that a bug or a feature? :granger:

More seriously, there is nothing that can damage a human base in early game if they have built some turrets. Aliens should have a way to attack things before they unlock adv mara / dragoon; or humans should have weaker defenses in early game. Related: destroying human buildings is not interesting at all in early game, as humans will simply rebuild everything pretty fast.
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Postby Gireen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:50 am UTC

The question is should it be possible to destroy a base in earlygame?
I think only if a team makes a great blunder. The best tactic for aliens seems to ignore the human base and only contain them in an area of the map until they reach a higher stage.
freem
Mantis

Postby freem » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:45 pm UTC

Considering how hard it is to destroy a single human building for aliens, yes, I agree. Aliens should rush, because they must prevent humans to reach higher stages, and especially flamer or bsuit. Yet, they can't really win in rush situations when humans start camping, because of those awfully powerful defenses.

To be honest, I'd be curious to see a clan war, in current game state. With people fluently using a common tongue and using voice chat software.
I'd even be curious to see what a "contest" with teams (of 5 persons, because imo unv's tactical side can become interesting when teams reach at least 5 players: 2 off, 2 deff, 1 middle) fighting bots only first as humans and then as aliens, without rights to build and with good base layouts would do.
Gireen
Graphic Designer

Postby Gireen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:11 pm UTC

If aliens rush humans will camp.
And why shouldn't they? Its the best move they can do. Camp until they unlock stronger weapons.
And what if the bases becomes weaker? They will camp even more, which is understandable because the only safe spot will be sitting on the reactor and shooting dretches that roam around in the human base.

If it wouldn't be so much work with adding a new building and gamelogic for it we could just try it out. :bugeyes:

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”