Animations

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
seana11
Tyrant

Animations

Post by seana11 »

I've noticed a few problems with animations. One thing wrong is with the shotgun firing animation. It lasts for ~.75 seconds, however, you cannot fire the shotgun for another .25 seconds after that. Can the animation be lengthened or the firing speed increased so that they match up? I keep clicking too early, and it screws up my shooting.

ViruS
Granger

Re: Animations

Post by ViruS »

Well, if what you said is true, you're relying too much on animations.
If you did the same in tremulous, well with its 0.25 second firing animations, you'd be clicking 4 times a second.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

ViruS wrote:

Well, if what you said is true, you're relying too much on animations.
If you did the same in tremulous, well with its 0.25 second firing animations, you'd be clicking 4 times a second.

Yes, I know, but seeing the weapon reload tricks my brain into thinking that the reload time is shorter than it actually is. This is contrast to just about every other fps where the gun is ready to fire once the reload animation is complete. This confuses many people as they will be clicking, and nothing will happen.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

If they held the button down after clicking early, it will fire. Unlike games like COD, you can just hold down the button.
Thinking of which, we need a fix for this. Currently it's just "if timer has finished, and the button is held down just fire and reset timer"
because the shotgun should be fired like a semi-automatic from the mouse.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

ViruS wrote:

If they held the button down after clicking early, it will fire. Unlike games like COD, you can just hold down the button.
Thinking of which, we need a fix for this. Currently it's just "if timer has finished, and the button is held down just fire and reset timer"
because the shotgun should be fired like a semi-automatic from the mouse.

Yes, but I don't want that because I might not be aiming at the dretch/whatever when the gun goes off.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Just use your muscle memory then. If you really want, and if it exists, I'll edit the animation.cfg in my weap fix/visual mod for you. If you want. It'll only exist on your private server and quake.fr though. It's not like they're going to implement my ckit rotation/displacement fixes anytime soon anyway.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage