Build points considerations

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
Marietto

Build points considerations

Post by Marietto »

Hi, I think it is right to think about drills and especially on leechs, since it creates excessive eggspam, which would damage the clanwar, or on large maps with few players it gives a huge advantage to the aliens, and it is almost impossible to win.
I would propose to have initial 100bp to exploit for the initial base, with a more accelerated bp recovery, and a 3 drill / leech limit with the current percentage, recovery and bp conditions, but with a limited build radius.

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Re: Build points considerations

Post by Gireen »

What would be the benefit of eggspam?
humans can just destroy them and aliens waste there build points.

fear ma engrish :granger:

Marietto

Post by Marietto »

When playing with real players and not bots, remember that aliens can build on walls too, and there are enemies too. When you play this, it is exhausting to play and find all the eggs scattered on a large map, especially as now that there are few active players. If it were in a 15vs15 I wouldn't mind it, but I specified that for clan wars (type tremulous, which ranged on average from 3vs3, 4vs4 or at most 5vs5), and now that there are few players, the eggspam contributes a lot on the side of the aliens.
Maybe if the server detect an increase in real players playing, it could increase the number of drills / leechs that can be build.

Gireen
Graphic Designer

Post by Gireen »

For what maps would you see this as problem? Or witch maps do you consider as large?

It seems the problem lies more in playing large maps with few players, witch obliviously increases the time one can run around without seeing enemys.
But humans can also build more so they could secure bigger parts of a map with many turrets.

Marietto

Post by Marietto »

For me 2 examples is jota and usstremor, and here you can eggspam.

Marietto

Post by Marietto »

For example, last night we played on Arachnid (tremulous map), I played all the time destroying spammed leechs around the map. Final results? Human lost.

cu-kai
Web Crew
Clan: CU

Post by cu-kai »

Much of the building spam on Tremulous is solved by having a sudden death time set on the server. Indeed, games on Tremulous have sudden death at 15 minutes yet games can still sometimes go on for longer than an hour. I find fighting on unvq frustrating when there's no SD because the enemy will just rebuild the base quickly.

Web Raccoon

Gireen
Graphic Designer

Post by Gireen »

With the current system miners get less efficient over time and the recovery of bp becomes slower.
That ends most of the time with many negative buildpoints, which is intended as replacement of Sudden Death.
But i think no one knows how this really works or when it happens, making it more of a slow and painfull death. :bugeyes:
It also makes teams spam miners late game cause they have a high bp debt.

One could make it late game easier to destroy buildings. Maybe rewarding it with money/evos, or making buildings weaker over time.

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

Gireen wrote:

One could make it late game easier to destroy buildings […] making buildings weaker over time.

So turrets would rust and acid tubes would rot. :grin:

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

Marietto

Post by Marietto »

cu-kai wrote:

Much of the building spam on Tremulous is solved by having a sudden death time set on the server. Indeed, games on Tremulous have sudden death at 15 minutes yet games can still sometimes go on for longer than an hour. I find fighting on unvq frustrating when there's no SD because the enemy will just rebuild the base quickly.

In Tremulous humans were frequently disadvantaged in SD, because they depend on armory and medistation, which in addition to being two different structures, in some cases could not be reconstructed.

It would have been nice if the armory and medistantion were a unique structure, more resistant and with a higher cost.

For build points, I think about creating sub-build points. Build points would be those available per reactor / overmind, the sub-build points those generated by drill / leech, which perhaps towards the end of the match self-destruct.