WhiteTech's First Impressions

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
WhiteTech
Mantis

Re: WhiteTech's First Impressions

Post by WhiteTech »

Ive been playing some more.

-The wall walk wall transfer thing needs some smoothing, either it's instant or super jerky. GPP/1.1 works fine.

-Basi model is strange not sure if I like it..... I see the theme you have with the Tube, Mara, Goon, but then is broken with the basi. Not that I really liked the new Mara and goon anyway, or the basi for that matter

-Human models are gorgeous. Really liking those. And of course the new dretch model is PERFECT

-I like the new dodge delay timer. I think it's a tad too long though, but it is a nice feature to get those quick players, and keep them from spamming their dodge.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I'm hardly sarcastic. I have yet to learn such skills. States my 'D' score in english.

If you didn't understand, i meant i wasn't being sarcastic.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

WhiteTech
Mantis

Post by WhiteTech »

Heh I got it don't worry ;) the rant model is pretty darn sick looking, and works with the types of attacks that it does.

I've defiantly been thinking on the Basi thing, It's supposed to be reptile, serpent like, death at a single glance. I don't like the snake part but, Iguana type head and tail, and for the 6 leggs, have little 2 toed feet on them. Something like a spider. This will make for the wall walking and the grabbing. Perhaps have small blade like things on the front to account for their attack.

Idk I see the aliens as more animal type, then smart type or bug type (other then the dretch and granger of course). Like the Rant, or "Alien".

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Truthfully, i'm seeing lack of features that are passed onto newer generations, its good to hear the old basi, goon and mara models are gonna be scrapped.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Yea I'm glad they're changing it. Baby rant just doesn't seem scary enough

I mean... just look at this guy

The old basilisk is the thing of nighmares

WhiteTech
Mantis

Post by WhiteTech »

Khaoz wrote:

Yea I'm glad they're changing it. Baby rant just doesn't seem scary enough

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-452r ... lisk-6.png[/img]
http://tremulous.net/w/images/e/ec/Tyrant.jpg

I mean... just look at this guy

http://tremulous.net/w/images/thumb/2/2 ... silisk.jpg

The old basilisk is the thing of nighmares

Ah I get it now, The basi is supposed to match the rant..... Well I'd say make is less up-right and add a tail, or take away the whole back thing, are those teeth on the tail-ish thing? the next evo up is the Mara and goon, they're not upright in the least.

Im seeing the basi have features like a dretch, since it's the evo up.... More so then a baby rant.... Defiantly the old model was great but could be changed

And like I said before, I like your goon, it's the old one, but better. I'd say make that the new one. I like the old one somewhat, and it's much better then the new one. That's the kind of mouth it should have.... not the odd little pinchers or fangs or what ever it has now...

hmm new dretch, to old basi, make a new Mara that has a shorter tail then basi, then the old goon already had a short tail, then the rant has no tail. That seems like a good evo line to me.

jm82792
Animator

Post by jm82792 »

Nvm I'm going to stay hidden for now :)

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

WhiteTech wrote:

And like I said before, I like your goon, it's the old one, but better. I'd say make that the new one. I like the old one somewhat, and it's much better then the new one. That's the kind of mouth it should have.... not the odd little pinchers or fangs or what ever it has now...

I'm sure if someone that is hell good at drawing had a go they could make it a lot more bad-ass. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the new modeler for the goon comes up with