Build Glitch

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Build Glitch

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

There is a build glitch on the map Orion. In human base, the node on the front is slightly higher than the node at the back. This effectively creates a sort of trap for the human bots.
This is the same build glitch from the old Tremulous and didn't seem to get addressed yet.

Viech
Project Head

Re: Build Glitch

Post by Viech »

This is a known bug that was present in one form or the other since 1.1. I guess it would be easy to fix if the relevant code wasn't so messy. It's definitely on my radar for when we reimplement buildables in general (gamelogic move to C++).

PS: What happened to your texture resolution? :grin:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

It was fixed in gpp you know. I wonder why Unv has only half of the GPP's patches, maybe it was forked off an early branch.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

ViruS wrote:

It was fixed in gpp you know. I wonder why Unv has only half of the GPP's patches, maybe it was forked off an early branch.

If you show me the commit, I can try to pull it in.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Unvanquished has all of GPP's commits, except for perhaps, Undeference's last batch. This bug existed in GPP as well.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Viech wrote:

This is a known bug that was present in one form or the other since 1.1. I guess it would be easy to fix if the relevant code wasn't so messy. It's definitely on my radar for when we reimplement buildables in general (gamelogic move to C++).

PS: What happened to your texture resolution? :grin:

r_cameraFilmGrain 0 did the trick. :grin:

The quick and dirty fix, until the problem can be addressed permanently, is if the front node was moved just a bit further out so the bots can move out freely upon spawning.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

No I mean, why do your textures look so incredibly washed out right now? If you're not very low on performance or GPU memory, you might want to look for options to increase texture quality.

An orion version where the nodes are a bit further apart so that their bounding boxes don't stack is up on the official servers now. We need to remind ds to include it for the next release though.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

He appears to be using the r_picmip setting to downscale his textures for performance.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Viech wrote:
ViruS wrote:

If you show me the commit, I can try to pull it in.

I've never downloaded the GPP branch of anything unless it was a branch of a branch of GPP, I can tell you it's before the infamous marauder zap buff from 40%-20%/20%/20% zap chain damage (or something like that) to 100%-100%/100%/100% though.
(First is first target, #%/#%/#% are the chained targets from the initial victim.
You're best bet is probably /dev/humancontroller for reference.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

For every occasion, you appear to have another reference to the technical details of a gameplay change from years ago.