So I finally played game that almost no one playes so far

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
ViruS
Granger

Re: So I finally played game that almost no one playes so fa

Post by ViruS »

I thought the confidence bar was already compact as currently. I still have no idea how the dynamic thresholding works either.

Colour Nicknames: I'd rather have a cvar to turn it off than remove it completely. Colour adds style and personality to your name. Urban terror actually accepts coloured names you know, it just doesn't show up on the scoreboards afaik.

Base Indicators: ++; they're very useful in big xonotic maps especially.
Although to maintain tension, I'd rather it so a human has to first spot the enemy's base before it appears on radar and arrow indicators in your FOV. Also, maybe have the indicators only last 2 minutes if a human hasn't seen the alien base to encourage them to scout frequently (and hence another way to reduce camping!).
Same goes for aliens, except aliens only need to detect them on radar with 50% sense'd or something. After that, maybe we could just have one sense blip tell you where the power source structures are if you're out of range with opacity depending on your distance from it, max distance probably 10'000 units because if you're further than that there's really no point of showing it.

This kind of reminds me of KoRx's weird radar, it detects normally on the horizontal axis but Z axis detection goes infinitely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2mJZlr6UI

Team Overlay: I think those random digits are either their score or credits. I remember there's a setting for this somewhere on the escape menu.

Hitsounds: Like this?

phpBB [video]

:dretch: :coffee: :human: --> :bomb: :cool:

majkifajki

Post by majkifajki »

Urban terror actually accepts coloured names you know, it just doesn't show up on the scoreboards afaik.

No. Colored nicknames are disabled in Urban Terror and cannot be used. Only team colours apply.

Forcing player to decipher UI is not a good thing :)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

ViruS wrote:

I still have no idea how the dynamic thresholding works either.

They are not dynamic, we just adjust them between dev games. Each item has an unlock threshold (green lines) and an automatically generated relock threshold (yellow lines) of its own. We don't yet display what items will be unlocked but I guess we'll add that.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

majkifajki

Post by majkifajki »

Yeah, hitsounds like on video. They are nice already.

majkifajki

Post by majkifajki »

About chat, I forgot about SPEC

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I guess coloured highlights work better than [T]eam prefixes