Introducing the granger

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
ViruS
Granger

Re: Introducing the granger

Post by ViruS »

Ergh my gwd. There's cuteness, until a certain point of detail. You don't refer to anime girls by their dead skin cells.
All that detail makes me want to assume that's a hard plate on its back. Well, it relates to the basilisk, but not to the dretch in any way (as far as i can tell). Also, if it's a hard plate, there's no more cute squishy grangers. REQUEST: Soften em up!
edit: Poly count?

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

That's the high poly sculpt. It's not even textured yet. The actual granger is obviously going to look a lot smoother.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

awwww :shy:

Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

Hey guys,
I'm the artist working on the Granger. Just want to thank everyone for the optimism and alleviate some of the skepticism so far about the build. The pictures so far are work in progress, so there's still a lot of information about the final look that isn't evident. In particular a lot of the quirky/cute factor is given life when the color and a little more of the detail comes into play. Along with that, the original Granger has so little detail that a lot of things can develop in different directions depending on your imagination and interpretation. Taking something with very little detail and expanding it to fit a more realistic art style is a particular growing pain in this case. I am working every free moment I have to make the Granger fit the art direction of the new game while retaining the spirit of the original character. Know that I am concerned with making the Granger a character that makes visual sense in the game that is being made, makes the dev team happy, and makes the fans happy.

Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

Well, I just couldnt resist ok? : UU

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Yes, I approve.

Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »