Score vs Frags/Kills

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
UniqPhoeniX

Re: Score vs Frags/Kills

Post by UniqPhoeniX »

Score > kills. Killing an unpowered structure (maybe excluding nodes since those still work?) should share half the score between everyone who helped kill the power source (negative score for team damage), and at the end of the game the same for all remaining unpowered structures. (Also IMO alien structures shouldn't die instantly when creep is lost, just become inactive)

FisherP

Post by FisherP »

Some part of the scoring system should also go to building, but don't know how that would work.

WhiteTech
Mantis

Post by WhiteTech »

Bit of an old thread, but score works very well in GPP. No more getting a human down to 2 hp and a dretch coming and biting him to get the evo. Plus it's more accurate. I've dealt tons of damage but never got a single kill in games, therefore my score was next to nothing....

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I dont really like the scoring system of both 1.1 and gpp.
Although i have to say the gpp would be better if we modify it.
My suggestion is to halve the score gained from killing structures, humans can gain 152 score from one nade killing 9 tubes (by which, they only have 125 hp afterall...)
You would need quite a bit of time to gain that many points from simply killing luci suits, of course if they can dodge and shoot, not standing still..
I don't really use this to my advantage because i'd rather focus on combat than killing bases. Its more fun that way.

FisherP wrote:

Some part of the scoring system should also go to building, but don't know how that would work.

im sure it already is implemented..

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Kreative

Post by Kreative »

Would it be possible to use both in some way? Perhaps something like Score(#Kills). If not, score is the way to go, but can we please make buildings not give so many points besides nodes and reactor? Having people suicide a goon for one turret is annoying...

And possibly make kills 6 points instead of 4!
or or or...!
Kills give more points depending on what you kill. Or does it already do this? I don't know lol.

WhiteTech
Mantis

Post by WhiteTech »

Yea, Im not a big fan of how much score is gain from structures, but that's an anti-camp feature. Why go out of your base, when you can just camp and be at the top of the score chart?

I do complain when I get most score from combat, then a lucky rant with next to no score gets lucky and hits the humans when they have no defenses, and wins.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

It already does.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I dont think im correct, but i think the current scoring system [as it follows gpp]
4 points naked/dretch

16 points bsuitluci/rant
16 points mgturret/tube << ikr, soo rewarding
20 points node/egg

40ish points rc/om << hmm im ok with this, dont really care if this gets decreased

Really, all i actually want to change is the score gained from killing general buildings.

edit:Maybe the points are half that. The source says it only rewards (bp). It feels like its this massive though.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Kinda like BF3 Scoreboard (shows kills + deaths but higher score = higher spot on the table)

Attachments
bf3sb.jpg
funny-why-dont-we-have-both-girl.jpg
WhiteTech
Mantis

Post by WhiteTech »

Khaoz wrote:

http://unvanquished.net/forum/attachmen ... 1342762338

Kinda like BF3 Scoreboard (shows kills + deaths but higher score = higher spot on the table)

Yes I think that should be the resolution. You get to brag about your kills and still be at the bottom of the chart. I really do think we need to do this, it'll stop complaining from both sides.

BTW we should make the Unva goon look something (but more bad-ass) like your signature.