Score vs Frags/Kills

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
ViruS
Granger

Re: Score vs Frags/Kills

Post by ViruS »

[quote="WhiteTech"]

+1

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

ViruS wrote:

+1

Seonded. The current goon looks downright awful. I think most of the body looks good, except for the head. That's 1. Ugly, 2. Not scary in the slightest. The gon looks more scared of me than I should be of him. In tremulous, the goon had horns (adds ferocity), and didn't have a monstrous flap at the top of its skull. That's just plain ugly. It also had a bunch of teeth, prominantly visible.

On the subject of sucky models, the maraurder looks ugly as well. I like the spikes on the legs, but once again, the head is uuuuugly. The eyes do not look menacing at all, and the mouth is tiny. It's also drab, which may be more realistic, but a beige and brick mara does not look good in game. I ask you, which is more scary,

or

EDIT: Make the eyes look more like the overmind. That's some fantastic work.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

Give the marauder some mandibles, an open jaw and perhaps a constant drip of drool and were in good shape!

Third to the dragoon change

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

The basilisk, marauder, and dragoon are all being changed. Those models were just temporary. I believe we'll be redoing them in that same order. When those three are done, we'll do the granger.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

kharnov wrote:

The basilisk, marauder, and dragoon are all being changed. Those models were just temporary. I believe we'll be redoing them in that same order. When those three are done, we'll do the granger.

Please keep the basilisk so damn adorable. Its like a baby tyrant that will hug you before it gnaws your face off... and yeah.

Whales
Dretch

Post by Whales »

I like the idea of score being 4 for a basic kill (dretch, naked human) and increasing from there. Perhaps increasing in a linear amount depending on evos/credits spent on the player who was killed, roughly 1 point per 400 credits or 1 evo. 8 for turrets, medi, DC and repeater; 10 for nodes, arm and tesla; 25 for RC. 8 for tubes, trapper, and cades; 10 for hives, boosters, and eggs; 25 for OM. Killing the creep/power source of any buildings that then self-destruct gives you 50% of the points of killing them individually.

Those numbers follow common FPS conventions for score systems, give enough points to be satisfying without being overblown, and also give plenty of credit for assists in large numbers.

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, I find KDR to be a very important factor. In a game where your opponent's progress is based on your team's deaths, it's particularly important to be able to gauge where your team lies in comparison to the enemy team. KDR doesn't have a particularly good place to go on the current standard Trem scoreboard design, but I find that the current scoreboard has overstayed its welcome and only supplies mostly useless information. I'm sure some enterprising HUD-maker out there could find a good, aesthetic way to fit in score, KDR, ping, class, and time in the game all in one scoreboard.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Whales wrote:

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, I find KDR to be a very important factor. In a game where your opponent's progress is based on your team's deaths, it's particularly important to be able to gauge where your team lies in comparison to the enemy team. KDR doesn't have a particularly good place to go on the current standard Trem scoreboard design, but I find that the current scoreboard has overstayed its welcome and only supplies mostly useless information. I'm sure some enterprising HUD-maker out there could find a good, aesthetic way to fit in score, KDR, ping, class, and time in the game all in one scoreboard.

Yes this, so pretty much like the bf3 scoreboard (where it's your score that puts you higher, not your kdr). I think it would also help identify intentional feeders, and will also help you see approximately how far away the other team is until their next stage.
But yes, I also like seeing my kdr during games. Because in the end you need kills to advance stages, and killing buildings early game doesn't really have much effect if the other team has an efficient builder (but it does give you a nice score, which seems a bit stupid).

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Whales wrote:

I like the idea of score being 4 for a basic kill (dretch, naked human) and increasing from there. Perhaps increasing in a linear amount depending on evos/credits spent on the player who was killed, roughly 1 point per 400 credits or 1 evo. 8 for turrets, medi, DC and repeater; 10 for nodes, arm and tesla; 25 for RC. 8 for tubes, trapper, and cades; 10 for hives, boosters, and eggs; 25 for OM. Killing the creep/power source of any buildings that then self-destruct gives you 50% of the points of killing them individually.

Have you seen the N7 mod, RE: the evos/creds? (Evos are given based on the amount of creds an opponent has. That means that killing Lucid gives you more evos than killing me.)

Whales
Dretch

Post by Whales »

seana11 wrote:

Have you seen the N7 mod, RE: the evos/creds? (Evos are given based on the amount of creds an opponent has. That means that killing Lucid gives you more evos than killing me.)

I dislike this idea. It punishes players who do well by making death even harsher if they do well.
That sounded awfully libertarian of me.

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

Yes this might also make people more willing to suicide rush when they're full (assuming they care how much they feed).

I lie the idea of score given for killing someone based on how many points he has. Like 50-150% (based on difference between player and average score of his team) of "basic value".