Working on new default bindings

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
StalKermit
Dragoon

Re: Working on new default bindings

Post by StalKermit »

lamefun wrote:

Does anyone play with toggling wallwalk? I personally have wallwalk on the same key as sprint and they both don't toggle. Could wallwalk and sprint be merged?

I do. Kthx.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

Me too.

Though I have them on separate keys since wallwalk is +movedown and, playing humans, both are needed.
Wallwalk needs its own command; I could then do a team-specific binding (using the teambind command).

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

You just volunteered for adding +wallwalk. :tongue:

(Which would have the awesome side effect that you can jump off a wall. Currently jump and crouch/wallwalk block each other.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

But aliens can't crouch... Why the extra key?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

For example to prevent the engine from having +moveup and +movedown block each other, which makes it impossible to make a jump off a wall if you use non-toggling crouch/wallwalk (you will just fall down). It will also improve readability of config files.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction