Evolution UI

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Evolution UI

Post by kharnov »

Even then, it'll make life much easier for the new players that don't use binds.

danmal

Post by danmal »

I don't use binds except in scrims (and then only shotgun/larmour/helmet) and I'm not the only one. It's really not practical to expect most players to setup binds.

Aurealis

Post by Aurealis »

Again, nice ideas but, I'm not interested in changing this because I learned how to use it as a noob and stopped using either ui now that I have binds. I think it'd be a better idea to include a set of team binds that use 1-0 to buy and evo and then use something like a volt style chatmenu on the HUD.

Yes I basically restated what Anomalous said, but I want to put my two cents in. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
{DSPro|Clan Forums}

UniqPhoeniX

Post by UniqPhoeniX »

Akele: that looks great! However the sharp edges/corners would fit better on the human HUD. And the tyrant icon shouldn't be as bright if i cannot be selected.
The old evolve/buy menus have to be replaced. They are ridiculously slow. If this menu can be used quickly enough it will be a significant improvement. Even though I and many others will probably stick to binds (at least most of the time), newbies absolutely need something that doesn't make them a sitting duck.

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

the mock-up looks really nice. But i think it is to complicated/not so intuitive to understand.

Here is my interpretation of the idea:
A model and text can be placed on the left and right side. I hope i dont must explain more. We got Stage 2 why no Tyrant is displayed. The Player is a Adv Granger and got 1 Evolution Point. At the moment he got selected the Dretch. The Adv Basilisk is hilightet only to show how this would look like.

The small version with the icons of the classes could be in the Hud .
In this way Players see direct what they got what they need and which Stage Aliens got.

This circle menu's requires that modders must redo them wen they add a new class per example KorX Adv Dretch and Adv Tyrant are easy to add but Battlegranger and Spitfire are to much.

Buildin Binds would be good but for new players more complicated. Alien classes on 1-0 ok but how would it be for humans with the many weapons and items.

fear ma engrish :granger:

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

What if the UI looked like the one in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv0VgSwP ... plpp_video

It has the same pie chart look and in addition it has a picture and some info to the right.