Small problem upon opening Unvanquished

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
jr2

Small problem upon opening Unvanquished

Post by jr2 »

Hi,

Just downloaded Unvanquished and noticed that when it started up, Windows (I use 7 x64) pops up its firewall notice saying that it needs permission, blah, blah. However, UV has captured the mouse, so it's not possible to click Allow. I just hit Alt+A and that works, but not everyone knows that. Not sure if this is even something worth fixing, but thought I'd mention it.

Also, perhaps a readme with the release... wasn't sure whether to launch the .bat file or the .exe, so I launched the .exe and it appears to be working fine so far.

My signature can be found here on Hard Light Productions: bringing modders together

ViruS
Granger

Re: Small problem upon opening Unvanquished

Post by ViruS »

Hmm...my firewall never showed up that message... but even if it did, my unvanquished was in windowed mode. You should be able to click allow, if your mouse warps back into the window/centre of unvanquished window, click in the unvanquished window or alt-tab into it and press tilde (~) and then click back. Maybe it should not capture the mouse completely like the gpp client (which allows you to move the mouse outside the borders)... i agree this gets annoying.