TIRAN HUEG

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Pazu

Re: TIRAN HUEG

Post by Pazu »

Is that Orion with the new lighting system? :eek:

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Yes, I believe so.

Here's Mr. Tyrant being bathed in the red glow of emergency lighting. Oh, and by the way, you can find more screenshots of him in the screenshot thread.

Kreative

Post by Kreative »

Looks quite amazing, keep up the excellent work! :D

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

It is... beautiful :) Btw, on what license do you distribute all the artwork? For example, if i want to animate tyrant, can i get my hands on him?

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

gavlig wrote:

It is... beautiful :) Btw, on what license do you distribute all the artwork? For example, if i want to animate tyrant, can i get my hands on him?

All exported assets will eventually be released and licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0 Unported, but we've discussed in the past releasing the source files under various licenses; I believe several of us agreed upon CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 Unported. If you would like to help the project out, by all means hop on #unvanquished-dev and ask what you can do and how you can get involved. As for just getting your hands on it now--before the next release--I'd say ask one of the project heads.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

I totally want to help, but i'm not sure if i have time for this(bachelor thesis, work, participation in another project), BUT i still would love to help you guys with anything i can. I asked about license because i'm excited to try myself in animation of this tyrant(i have no experience, animated only one model just 4 fun :) here and here) and, if i succeed, my animation could help you a bit. But, again, no promises about terms, work and thesis can eat all my wake hours and few hours of sleep too :)

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

gavlig wrote:

I totally want to help, but i'm not sure if i have time for this(bachelor thesis, work, participation in another project), BUT i still would love to help you guys with anything i can. I asked about license because i'm excited to try myself in animation of this tyrant(i have no experience, animated only one model just 4 fun :) here and here) and, if i succeed, my animation could help you a bit.

Wow, those are some really nice animations!

gavlig wrote:

But, again, no promises about terms, work and thesis can eat all my wake hours and few hours of sleep too :)

Real life gets in the way for everyone; that's kind of the norm in FOSS development. Anything you can contribute would be greatly appreciated.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

velociostrich wrote:

Wow, those are some really nice animations!

thanks! :) But now, when i uploaded those videos, i can see a lot of "bugs" and "weak places" in it

velociostrich wrote:

Real life gets in the way for everyone]
understandable, it's never easy :) So, who do i need to ask to borrow this sweet rant till next holidays? :)

Last edited by gavlig on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

velociostrich wrote:

All exported assets will eventually be released and licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0 Unported, but we've discussed in the past releasing the source files under various licenses; I believe several of us agreed upon CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 Unported.

For the base exported assets to be licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0 Unported then, whatever licences we use for the assets' source, that licence must be one of them.