What's the difference between this and TremZ?

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
CaptainAhab

What's the difference between this and TremZ?

Post by CaptainAhab »

Hello!

Very interested in this project. New (potential) player on board!

I have heard that this project split from the TremZ project. They claim that theirs is better and that Unvanquished is a load of ****. I have no clue about any of this, but I thought I would stop by and ask around.

What makes Unvanquished the "better alternative?" What do you developers have in store? What are your developmental goals? What about publicity in the future to help the game grow?

Thank you! Have a nice day! :)

velociostrich
Dragoon

Re: What's the difference between this and TremZ?

Post by velociostrich »

The TL;DR of it is that we split from TremZ due to vastly different (and totally incompatible) beliefs in how development was to be done, and what our end goals were to be. Our intention is for development to be totally open to the community: most of development discussion takes place publicly in #unvanquished-dev on FreeNode, our source code is publicly available, and although (for what are largely convenience reasons) our asset pool is not publicly available, we'll give any artist who wants to help our assets to work on. The TremZ project has essentially ceased development, while we continue to make monthly releases.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Fuck them, Unvanquished is way better! rabble rabble
But seriously, they don't even have a game and most of the developers bailed half a year ago.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

As a customer, i just go with whatever has more motivation. At the moment, since the start of the split, its been unvanquished. Unvanquished is winning by miles [why am i using imperial? Kilometers doesn't sound right though...] although TremZ has developed a few minor engine features. Not only that, unvanquished is suppositly being supported by the australian community [[url]http://aussieassault.net][/url] so i tend to stick to unvanquished more these days that i've even made a visual mod below from a variety of tremulous visual mods [See my signature]. Well then, welcome aboard!

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Forty-Two
Mantis

Post by Forty-Two »

I'd say one difference is in the degree of serious flaming that can be observed.

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Forty-Two wrote:

I'd say one difference is in the degree of serious flaming that can be observed.

Eh, they deserve it. The only thing they can respond with is "you troll, therefore I shall not answer your questions, in fact I shall ban you so that you don't ask any more questions that put us in a bad light". They say that they are open to criticism, yet they ban you for doing just that.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

KenuR wrote:

They say that they are open to criticism, yet they ban you for doing just that.

+1
Although I got unbanned for raging about it via another forum [knightsofreason.net]

ImageImageYou[TubeImage