ZIP download?

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
BabyCucumber

ZIP download?

Post by BabyCucumber »

Could you please add a zip download for those of us who like the game to be portable?
One thing I liked about Tremulous was the ability to put it on a flash drive and play it wherever.
Installers might be more convenient for some people so why not have both?

seana11
Tyrant

Re: ZIP download?

Post by seana11 »

BabyCucumber wrote:

Could you please add a zip download for those of us who like the game to be portable?
One thing I liked about Tremulous was the ability to put it on a flash drive and play it wherever.
Installers might be more convenient for some people so why not have both?

You could dl the source and make a zip yourself, then host it somewhere for the rest of us.

BabyCucumber

Post by BabyCucumber »

I would if I knew how to do it :(

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

BabyCucumber wrote:

I would if I knew how to do it :(

Get the source, Compile it, and stick it in a zip. Make sure to change the user dir to something in the zip, and to dl the data.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

BabyCucumber wrote:

Tremulous required an installer. After that, you could just copy ur appdata + install folder onto a usb and it's portable.
Same thing with unvanquished. Only difference is that unvanquished's appdata file is called Daemon, after the engine name.

As for the source, i don't know how to compile it from the user interface... I need to learn how to use visual basic... as in the very basics... :(

ImageImageYou[TubeImage