new human animations

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Re: new human animations

Post by Gireen »

yes it is a bit to too slow.
Can we have 2 Death animations? 1 falling forwards and one backwards. Let the human trip fast to the floor. Wen he falls he could lose his weapon and one the floor he try with a last move to get his gun back before he slump down.

fear ma engrish :granger:

MCMic

Post by MCMic »

It needs to be quicker and more violent, in your animation it looks like the human dies of internal hemoragy or a rare disease…
It would be a good things if there was several animations regarding what direction was the human walking when he died.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

MCMic wrote:

It needs to be quicker and more violent, in your animation it looks like the human dies of internal hemoragy or a rare disease…
It would be a good things if there was several animations regarding what direction was the human walking when he died.

That's what ragdoll physics are for, it would be too much unnecessary work to make an animation for each direction. For now, I think one animation would suffice and hopefully they implement ragdoll physics later on, if the engine allows it.

MCMic

Post by MCMic »

KenuR wrote:

That's what ragdoll physics are for, it would be too much unnecessary work to make an animation for each direction. For now, I think one animation would suffice and hopefully they implement ragdoll physics later on, if the engine allows it.

I did not thought of that, it's a good idea

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

gavlig wrote:

@ViruS: I didn't get your point. Do you want me to create a new animation or to fix current? In tremulous, IIRC, there was only one death animation and human always falls down head first, right. I just made it a little bit more dramatic :)

I'm pretty sure there was 3:
1) Fall forward. (face first!)
2) Knees down forward. (Argh, i failed!)
3) Fall back. (Whack in the stomach)

For aliens its harder to tell, since their bodies don't flop like humans. I think most alien classes only have two death animations, i don't pay attention to this stuff.

For the animations you've made, it would be nice if there could be animations depending on your speed direction + where you're looking. For your current animations, if the person is flying after they die, well the tremulous 'fall' animation' suits somewhat, but with an animation where he falls on his side...
actually, maybe you could compile several animations, triggered at certain events:

-If person is flying, run a death animation where the person does something like a belly flop or spin.
-If the person is stationary, your current animations can do it for this. The knee-first animation from trem also suits this.
-If person is moving forward, maybe fly face first like trem.
-If moving backwards, you know what i'm gonna say.
-If sideways, maybe like a launch sideways and then tumble?

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

@ViruS: ok, you might be right, i haven't played trem for a while. About different animations for different situations, it is possible, of course, but making 5 death animations for one model will take a lot of effort from me and, as far as i know, ragdolls are planned for future, so all my efforts will be useless :) I will remake current death animation, maybe even make two, but they will be a temporary placeholder anyway.

MCMic

Post by MCMic »

This animation looks great for /kill, and maybe for death by poison, but that's about it.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

MCMic wrote:

This animation looks great for /kill, and maybe for death by poison...

And that. Anything that involves dying without inertia.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage