Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Zeyphr
Dretch

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Zeyphr »

Look at that granger...

Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

chad509 wrote:

Hello everyone. My name is Chad509, I've been animating for about 6 years. My past work includes Forgotten Hope 2, Traction Wars and a few other games/mods. Glad to be here this game looks great and I'm going to be helping out in the animation dept. so I will see you guys on the forums. :)

Great! Welcome :wink: .

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

Hello everyone,

My name is Sergio Anes Alcolea. I live in Valencia, Spain. I read at indiedb.com you were looking for a 3D artist and after writting to Kharnov, I joined unvanquished forum following steps he send me in his email. So here I am.

Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

Hello Cupside :wink: , nice portfolio website.

JackTMohn

Post by JackTMohn »

Hey guys, I'm Jack and I will be producing sounds for the game! I hope I can impress a good deal of you! Can't wait to get started!

-JTMs Studios

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Hey, finally a sound designer! Welcome aboard! Congratulations on the fact that you will most likely get to choose your favorite area (organic, weapons, environental, …) and define the "theme" of it by making the first set of sounds. :smile:

I have a passable handheld stereo recorder and could assist you in creating some samples if you want. Just tell me what you need and I can see if I can find a fitting source in my area.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

JackTMohn

Post by JackTMohn »

Here is some rough designs I threw together. It isn't anything final, but just almost everything a level will need. Some sounds need to be more technical, I guess the word would be but, it is again, just a rough edit. Haha
-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQLm2K_d98

I will let you know if I need any help! Thank you!

-JTMs Studios

Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

Welcome Jack!
“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols.

GalacticDeath

Post by GalacticDeath »

Hello everyone!
My name is Adrian and I'm also a sound designer. I'll be working alongside Jack to create some new sound fx for the game. I look forward to working with all of you and making some of my own contributions to this game.

Here's a quick little sound fx demo I put together of a few growls I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDato2s_mD8

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Hi GalacticDeath!

Monsters sound very interesting, but for the game we would need clean versions without the reverb. If the sound design is getting started now, we could think about adding it as a general engine feature though, controllable by the mapper or some automatic measurement of room size.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction