PS3 / XBOX controller support

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
jdraper12

PS3 / XBOX controller support

Post by jdraper12 »

This game still doesn't fail to impress me after playing Tremulous to death - the constant updates and support are great!
I'm curious, however: after a long and arduous process of getting my Dualshock 3 controller to work flawlessly with Ubuntu 14.04 and, in turn, with steam, I'm wondering if Unvanquished has any built-in joystick support or if anyone has had any luck getting their gamepads to work with this game? Would be amazing as there certainly are enough buttons to match the bindings!

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: PS3 / XBOX controller support

Post by kharnov »

We dropped controller support for the meantime because we are in the process of rewriting the engine in C++. If this is a strongly desired community feature, then we will do it again in beta, in a much cleaner way than with the code we inherited.

jdraper12

Post by jdraper12 »

Oh I see, that's quite understandable seeing as the game's in alpha! Controller support is notoriously buggy from what I've heard and experienced (even in fully released games). Cheers for replying; it's great to see an awesome game being actively developed!

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

I think we still have the native SDL2 joystick/gamepad support. Try it and see what happens.

jdraper12

Post by jdraper12 »

It'll be a project setting up the mappings and events handling and whatnot but I'll give it a shot! Thanks