new acid tube animation

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Qrntz
Dragoon

Re: new acid tube animation

Post by Qrntz »

Very impressive. Most impressive.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Dandoombuggy, Qrntz: thanks guys! Much appreciated! :)

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Ok, this looks great, however, it has 1 problem: It's too big. It's not able to fit into the same places as the old acid tube, especially near the OM. I used to be able to stick a tube about 1 foot from the OM. Now I have a full tube's length between the OM and the tube. This is bad, since rushers will now have an easy time getting behind the om, and attacking almost unharmed, due to the distance from the tube. Sticking it to the side is closer, however, it leaves the other side vulnerable. If you could shrink the tube to 50-75% of its current size, that'd be great.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

The tube has an identical bounding box to before. Nothing has changed in the boundaries of the acid tube. You can build it in the exact same spots as the old tube. I'm not sure how you're making those observations.

edit: nevermind, I didn't know this, but apparently the bounding box was changed slightly. However, making the acid tube smaller would remove a lot of the detail. Also, keep in mind that we don't want to provide the exact same experience as Tremulous. A bounding box change is something small, but expect even larger changes as the months go by and we diverge further.