Testing volunteers?

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Testing volunteers?

Post by kharnov »

:advgranger: :announce:

:thumbup: HEY YOU

:thumbup: DO YOU LIKE RUNNING PROGRAMS

:thumbup: DO YOU LIKE (relatively) BUG FREE RELEASES

We are in need of release testers for each of the major platforms. It doesn't matter how many are from each, we would be perfectly fine with multiple testers from the same platform because what works for one person doesn't always work for another. At the present time we mostly test among the development team and people on our channel, but we do not have all major operating systems reliably on-hand. Most notably, we are sorely in need of people on Mac OS X.

You must be:

• Living and/or breathing.

• Able to linger on an IRC channel.

• In possession of a Windows, Mac, or Linux machine.

• Able to download a few MB when asked to.

• Willing to copy and paste a few lines of text from crash reports.

• Available to be pinged on our IRC channel.

Please post in this thread if you are interested. Tell me what your platform is, so we have a record of who uses what. Afterwards, join our development channel on IRC. Make sure that you list your IRC handle in this thread, right next to your OS. When we need you to test something, usually a day or so before a release, you will be contacted. It is also generally a good idea to take a look at our development, which more people should be taking advantage of.

To join our channel, point your IRC client to #unvanquished-dev on Freenode. You can also just read this thread.

Now I will show you how remarkably easy this is:

I am kharnov on IRC. I use 64-bit Linux.

:beer: :bsuit:

Amazonian1515
Mantis

Re: Testing volunteers?

Post by Amazonian1515 »

I am kharnov Ishq Amazonian1515 on IRC. I use 64-bit Mac OS X Lion 10.7.0.

[SideNote] For some unknown reason, my computer runs all 64-bit applications like a 64-bit machine, but it's system report says it's 32-bit. I have no idea why, but it gets silly when someone asks me for system reports and they want that one detail. [/SideNote]

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Bump. We still need more people on Windows and Mac.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I don't feel like bug finding anymore with my crappy framerate. Just half a year ago I got more than ten times my current available framerate. I don't even remember where I backed up my old configs after trying a fresh install (which only reproduced a few default-config issues I don't even remember)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The performance of the GL3 renderer should have increased over the recent months.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

enneract
Programmer

Post by enneract »

Indeed. I shot the beacons video on Intel HD 3000 with maximum settings at 480p and the framerate never dropped below 60fps. This is a huge improvement, since the game used to be unplayable on that IGP.

killing time
Programmer

Post by killing time »

I too have been able to play with around 60fps on the Intel integrated graphics.
I'd be willing to do some testing
systems: windows 7, 8

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

killing time wrote:

I too have been able to play with around 60fps on the Intel integrated graphics.
I'd be willing to do some testing
systems: windows 7, 8

Cool, what's your IRC nick?