Flamethrower

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Flamethrower

Post by Viech »

I personally use the firebomb a lot and I think it's a rather flexible support weapon and worth its price.

I'm not entirely happy with fire and burning yet. It's complety based on chances. It's possible to predict half life times and average damage but ingame it's always frustrating when your 200 credit items does only little damage or when your whole base burns down because it was hit by a flamer once. As soon as our gamelogic supports OOP I will put some more logic into this, maybe calculate some sort of heat on a per structure basis and use that to determine when fires are supposed to start and go out. This should yield more intuitive results.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

rolandixor
Dretch

Post by rolandixor »

[quote="kharnov"]We have a firebomb. It is literally called the firebomb.[/quote]I said "one that throws firebombs. I know we have a firebomb called the firebomb.

rolandixor
Dretch

Post by rolandixor »

[quote="viech"]As soon as our gamelogic supports OOP[/quote]You know, all this time I never thought of the fact that the game doesn't have OOP logic yet O_o...

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

rolandixor wrote:
kharnov wrote:

We have a firebomb. It is literally called the firebomb.

I said "one that throws firebombs. I know we have a firebomb called the firebomb.

You do throw firbombs, at about 12 m/s, or 400 ups. It just so happens that you run at 10 m/s (320 ups) in the game, and gravity is 800 ups meaning that the bomb doesn't travel far.

rolandixor
Dretch

Post by rolandixor »

I mean a weapon that carries multiple firebombs, and throws them.

Elmo
Dretch

Post by Elmo »

rolandixor wrote:

I mean a weapon that carries multiple firebombs, and throws them.

A grenade launcher, with different ammo types, Firebomb or cluster or whatever.

Long live the legacy of:
[COM] [OPP] [ICE] =USA=
|AoD|[_MS} .!vR ?FH: .^
And many more...

james2841

Post by james2841 »

what about making the flame effect look better or make it more realistic Image