Our new jetpack

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Our new jetpack

Postby Viech » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:03 am UTC

Elmo wrote:The alien team has always and will always hate jet packs. If this new jetpack shows signs of being overused and overpowered would you consider starting with a slower moving jetpack when its first unlocked, then as confidence grows a permanent improvement to the jetpack so the game has more time to progress before the humans can easily achieve air dominance.
But I suppose the flying alien is a check for that. Just an idea.

Reducing combat use of the jetpack is as easy as increasing on-hit disable time (currently just 600 ms), increasing minimum fuel required to start from a jump (20%) or if that still doesn't help, change fuel usage and/or regeneration to decrease the maximum air to ground ratio even further. I don't think it's necessary to complicate the ruleset by making the jetpack change over time.
Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction
james2841

Postby james2841 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:58 pm UTC

add different types of jetpacks in different stages like an fast but small fuel capacity then the normal one and a slow but large fuel capacity and something like this would be nice Image
arf
Dretch

Postby arf » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:45 am UTC

Gotta say I'm really loving the new jetpack. Adds a whole new level of action to the painsaw.
Previously I was just buying it to waste creds / be a moron.

Now about those battery packs...
:thumbup:
Marietto

Postby Marietto » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:47 am UTC

My opinion, the jetpack shouldn't lose fuel when attacked by an alien, for the other it's perfect.
freem
Mantis

Postby freem » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:33 pm UTC

Marietto wrote:My opinion, the jetpack shouldn't lose fuel when attacked by an alien, for the other it's perfect.

This is so that aliens can fight back. Otherwise, jetpack users are simply invulnerable while still being able to deliver high damages to their targets. I'm not the one which implemented that, but I like this one.
illwieckz
Project Head

Postby illwieckz » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:05 pm UTC

Hitting a flying jetpack with a dragoon barb requires reward. :grin:
This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

Return to “General Discussion”