Our new jetpack

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Our new jetpack

Post by Viech »

Elmo wrote:

The alien team has always and will always hate jet packs. If this new jetpack shows signs of being overused and overpowered would you consider starting with a slower moving jetpack when its first unlocked, then as confidence grows a permanent improvement to the jetpack so the game has more time to progress before the humans can easily achieve air dominance.
But I suppose the flying alien is a check for that. Just an idea.

Reducing combat use of the jetpack is as easy as increasing on-hit disable time (currently just 600 ms), increasing minimum fuel required to start from a jump (20%) or if that still doesn't help, change fuel usage and/or regeneration to decrease the maximum air to ground ratio even further. I don't think it's necessary to complicate the ruleset by making the jetpack change over time.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

james2841

Post by james2841 »

add different types of jetpacks in different stages like an fast but small fuel capacity then the normal one and a slow but large fuel capacity and something like this would be nice Image

arf
Dretch

Post by arf »

Gotta say I'm really loving the new jetpack. Adds a whole new level of action to the painsaw.
Previously I was just buying it to waste creds / be a moron.

Now about those battery packs...
:thumbup:

Marietto

Post by Marietto »

My opinion, the jetpack shouldn't lose fuel when attacked by an alien, for the other it's perfect.

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

Hitting a flying jetpack with a dragoon barb requires reward. :grin:

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

PhantomFang
Mantis
Clan: LBF

Post by PhantomFang »

hi!
I find for lower level players it's way too hard, they get stuck in place... so I think from Marauder :marauder: when the Marauder :marauder:, ADV marauder :advmarauder:, Dragoon :dragoon:, ADV Dragoon :advdragoon: and Tyrants :tyrant: attack you don't lose not that a quarter of the fuel after it's just my point of view, the point of view of a person who is not yet very strong.

PhantomFang
Mantis
Clan: LBF

Post by PhantomFang »

Hi!

Have you tried to defend a base as alien against a jetpack user?

yes of course! and several times... But I find that by seeing the capacity of the weapons, the time of use of the jetpack and other criteria: it would be more logical to do that, Afterwards it is necessary to even with the others but it would be more logical moreover a tyrant is big and has a lot of Life, a mantis can jump on the walls and an adv Mantis can electrocute you... So I think with that...