Standstill!

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
banksy
Mantis

Standstill!

Post by banksy »

So as the header suggests, my map has come to a standstill. Although dont let this make you think im out of the unvanquished team and news. I still keep updated almost daily. It's only the fact that I have realised just how much of my map I really have ti do, and honestly its daunting!
Not to forget the fact that I am still working on my other map 'Slide' for urban terror, which I am facing a similar situation. I mean the majority of the map is complete, its just a lot of fine details must be added, and a heap of textures need to be updated...

So I just wanted to say this so you know I am still active, although I just dont seem it haha. :)

Viech
Project Head

Re: Standstill!

Post by Viech »

Your map had a very experimental character. If you want to work on something that should be doable in a few months you should rather choose a more classical design for your next map. (Parpax started with an experimental layout and it took me a year to make it playable, redoing a good amount of areas from scratch over and over again.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

banksy
Mantis

Post by banksy »

it could easily be playable within two months if I made use of flat brushes for walls instead of trying to have detailed rock faces, as well as having few inclined areas and a cave. So perhaps for a beta release I will keep it simple, and then in my free time I will commence with the final (detailed) map. :)

banksy
Mantis

Post by banksy »

Im still alive, haha
i check the forums everyday, just dont post :)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yay, welcome back to activity!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

GOOSED YOU

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I saw that goose before. Be more creative kharnov!

Lecavalier~
Dretch
Clan: Pk, Formerly DSPro

Post by Lecavalier~ »

Viech wrote:

I saw that goose before. Be more creative kharnov!

Now's your opportunity!

banksy
Mantis

Post by banksy »

mm dat goose :P

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Hands off Lecav kharnov, he is mine to goose!