New forum!

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Viech
Project Head

Re: New forum!

Post by Viech »

Epic wallpaper. Please do it.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

cron wrote:

Also the 'Convert quoted images to URL' mod, to prevent redisplay of images in a quote, like in this message.

I've just had a look – it requires alteration of the installed files, which conflicts with being able to install updates.

The only way in which I'm prepared to do this is if we maintain our own version of the package with mods applied as patches; but there is a cost to this, and that is that we may well not get timely security updates.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

DeathReaper
Dretch

Post by DeathReaper »

Wow that's an amazing background! Hopefully it will be implemented soon enough :)

Have you guys considered adding a 'Chat Box' to the home page? It could be of some use to get players to communicate quickly & efficiently. Mind = :bomb:

:coffee:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

One that's connected to our IRC channel would be nice.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

cron wrote:
Anomalous wrote:

I've just had a look – it requires alteration of the installed files, which conflicts with being able to install updates.

It looks like it only makes minor changes in includes/message_parser.php - Would it be possible to just patch this one file, and then keep a backup copy to overwrite it if any upgrades need to be applied? It looks like the actual mod would be easy to reapply...

No. Any modification which is to be applied must be converted into a patch and included in local package source from which the package installed on the server is built. Any other way and I guarantee that patches will end up being lost.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Oh, the forum style which I had was a bit screwed up, it had the "simple machines default" style or something.

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

I say we basenade the forums. :grenade:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

:defcomp: will repair it.

Qrntz
Dragoon

Post by Qrntz »

Viech wrote:

:defcomp: will repair it.

:defcomp: = :grenade:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Does not compute.