Unvanquish-Tremulous capability

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
ViruS
Granger

Unvanquish-Tremulous capability

Post by ViruS »

I'm still not sure if this was confirmed for real since "the split". It would be nice if i could connect to gpp servers on the trem masterlist or/and 1.1 servers with the unvanquished client if possible.

Qrntz
Dragoon

Re: Unvanquish-Tremulous capability

Post by Qrntz »

Why?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

The net code has changed.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

So's the VM code, and there's more incompatibility on the way.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

ViruS wrote:

I'm still not sure if this was confirmed for real since "the split". It would be nice if i could connect to gpp servers on the trem masterlist or/and 1.1 servers with the unvanquished client if possible.

I don't think that was always the idea. I think the idea was to have a gpp (with tweaks) mode and a classic (1.1) mode (gameplaytype) within Unvanquished.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

E-Mxp wrote:

I think the idea was to have a gpp (with tweaks) mode and a classic (1.1) mode (gameplaytype) within Unvanquished.

Both are doable. GPP should work as is now; 1.1 would require some work.

If you want to put some time in on doing a 1.1ish mode, fine. (But I wouldn't do that just yet anyway, since there are still going to be quite a lot of non-gameplay changes made to the GPP code – unless you split things up somewhat so that as far as is possible there's code-sharing.)

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Actually, that's not really the plan at all. We want to fix flaws found in both versions, and some of those flaws will require major changes. While we are preparing the assets, we're going to keep an improved version of GPP for the balance. Once our assets are ready, we're going to start implementing the large scale gameplay changes.