If you have trouble registering or do not receive a verification e-mail, please ask for help in chat.

binds and config files

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

binds and config files

Postby JOURNEYMAN » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:32 am UTC

Ok. So I finally bought a new laptop and can play the game normally. I've been playing for several weekends and I have a question regarding the binds.
Can I create a unique config file for each team with custom key binds, just as in Tremuous, or does it have to be done using the console only?
cu-kai
Web Crew
Clan: CU

Re: binds and config files

Postby cu-kai » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:06 am UTC

I copied my Tremulous binds over to Unvq years ago, and with some modifications, they worked (and still work) fine. I have an aliens.cfg and a humans.cfg though I am aware a lot of work has been done for native per team bind support (you don't have to use this, the old fashioned method still works).
Web Raccoon
freem
Marauder

Re: binds and config files

Postby freem » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:22 am UTC

JOURNEYMAN wrote:Can I create a unique config file for each team with custom key binds, just as in Tremuous, or does it have to be done using the console only?

There has been recent effort to have a lot more binds (all actions required to play, at least) configurable directly from the in-game user interface.

But yes, you can still just modify the configuration files, I doubt syntax have changed in breaking way (my guess would be that, at worst, there's new commands, and cvars might have been removed, but is all?).

Return to “General Discussion”