Tournament discussion thread

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
seana11
Tyrant

Re: Tournament discussion thread

Post by seana11 »

Thanks for the writeup. That really clears things up.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Our German developers and players seem to be forming a group. That's four. Great!

There also seems to be a KoR delegation in the works. Hi, KoR!

http://knightsofreason.net/forums/viewt ... 00e8968adb

liliff

Post by liliff »

Hi, kharnov.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

kharnov wrote:

Each match is four rounds. You play on two maps. Once as humans, once as aliens. If you win the round, you get three points. If both teams tie, they get one point each. If you lose, you get nothing. The most you can get from one match is 12 points, assuming you win every round.

Is it possible to get 2 points, or is it just "get 3 if win or get 1 if tie" style?

kharnov wrote:

Teams can be made up of clans or unaffiliated players. Both 4v4 and 5v5 are permitted. You can have one substitute on your team, assuming that both teams approve of this.

When you say "substitute" can you explain?

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

No. You cannot get 2 points. A win is 3 points, a tie is 1 point.

A substitute is someone not from your group that both teams are allowing to play for your group.

Meisseli

Post by Meisseli »

What are your plans considering over how long of a period is the tournament held? If there's a small amount of teams would it be wise to hold this over a one special weekend or so? For me at least it is impossible to play during several weekends during this summer as a computer capable of running games is currently 400km away.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

If the number of clans is low I suppose we could let the clans arrange with each other, so there could be one weekend of ddos vs. world.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Meisseli wrote:

What are your plans considering over how long of a period is the tournament held? If there's a small amount of teams would it be wise to hold this over a one special weekend or so? For me at least it is impossible to play during several weekends during this summer as a computer capable of running games is currently 400km away.

I have a similar problem, I can only play during the holidays OR weekends (of mine, not american Sundays of course, gwdness). My holidays start soon so as long as the tournement starts when my holiday starts, that'd be great. I think (not sure) I've got another 4 or 3 so weeks left. Unless my mother suddenly says we're going on a holiday, it should be all good. Just to confirm that scenario doesn't happen, my passport expired.

kharnov wrote:

No. You cannot get 2 points. A win is 3 points, a tie is 1 point.

A substitute is someone not from your group that both teams are allowing to play for your group.

So no surprise guest players, i.e. chuckeh joining at the semi finals or something?
I don't really see what's so bad about replacing someone in a team if they can't attend.

For me at least it is impossible to play during several weekends during this summer as a computer capable of running games is currently 400km away.

In my state 400 km's nothing. It's just a 4 hour drive. (outback speed limit's 110, but people drive up to 130-140 sometimes :S)
I have relatives that drive 500 km to another town every weekend as a routine, but I wonder how they pay for the fuel... It's like 140-150 AUcents per litre here currently...

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Teams that lack a platform for VoIP are free to use the TS3 Server at 46.38.234.31 (password: »unvanquished«). It is located in a datacenter in Germany. If you encounter someone with server admin privileges, just ask for a channel for your team.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Viech wrote:

Teams that lack a platform for VoIP are free to use the TS3 Server at 46.38.234.31 (password: »unvanquished«). It is located in a datacenter in Germany. If you encounter someone with server admin privileges, just ask for a channel for your team.

Wait, do we need to use voice chat? I can probably type faster than I speak, considering how bad my english is.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage