split into "player vs bots training server" and "normal match including bots server"

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
DwarfVader
Mantis

split into "player vs bots training server" and "normal match including bots server"

Post by DwarfVader »

hi @ll,

Is it possible to have 2 training servers?:
the human players vs bots without building game mode on one server and another one for normal matches only (including bots).
It would be awesome if one could choose, because fighting the bots only without building usualy takes a long time - and i'm not allways in the mood for that. Hope this could be realised without any additional costs (server hosting etc. ).

cheers
DwarfVader

Anomalous
Programmer

Re: split into "player vs bots training server" and "normal match including bots serv

Post by Anomalous »

That “long time” has a lot to do with the layouts which we've designed…! ☺

I don't know whether we should do this (it's certainly possible), but it's something to keep in mind.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

DwarfVader
Mantis

Re: split into "player vs bots training server" and "normal match including bots serv

Post by DwarfVader »

well, it could offer a lot of specified testing possibilies f.e an autobalancing system on the "normal match" server, adding bots, if teambalance is not matched ( if such a feature isn't allready be present ( -> admin tools? <- if so, they could be tested there) -- What's with the official unv server? are there ever people on it playing? you could convert this one into one of the two types i mentioned...

thumbs up for specialized servers! :-P
DwarfVader