Translation Files Updated [2013-04-27]

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
Ishq
Project Head

Translation Files Updated [2013-04-27]

Post by Ishq »

Hey translators,

I've updated all the files and removed quite a bit of text to be translated. Many strings that previously needed to be translated no longer need to be, and quite a few others were modified. Please check Unvanquished Gamelogic Merge to see how your translation will be updated. As always, if you notice any problems, don't hesitate to let me know.

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Translation Files Updated

Post by Ishq »

I think I will go ahead and merge the files. I don't think any significant problems will arise.

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Translation Files Updated

Post by Ishq »

Updated again. Sorry for taking so long gillux and Little*Butterfly.

Also thanks for the prod tim :)

tim

Re: Translation Files Updated [2013-04-27]

Post by tim »

Translation templates were updates the last days several times. A lot of unnecessary work load has been removed by means of anit-duplication fixes, untranslateable units, splitting up several large command usages, moving many prefixes out of the translation strings into their own etc.
And many translationunits consisting largly out of programmtic symbols have been refactored for convenience as well.

If you find issues with any translation units, let us know. :-)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Will game and cgame .po files stay separate? If I remember correctly there has been chat about this lately. (I'm thinking a merge might have advantages when it comes to removing duplicates and maintaining a coherent translation.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gillux

Post by gillux »

Thank you for updating the translation templates!

tim wrote:

If you find issues with any translation units, let us know. :-)

• In src/gamelogic/game/g_admin.c many of the g_admin_cmds help strings do not start with a capital. Take for instance line 130 “add an admin flag to a player, prefix flag with '-' to disallow the flag. console can use this command on admin levels by prefacing a '*' to the admin level value.” I guess you didn’t capitalize the first word “add” because it is supposed to be prefixed by “Description: ” right? However I think “console” should be capitalized. The same goes for all the commands.

• src/gamelogic/game/g_admin.c:299 The sentence lacks a final dot, between the words “team” and “duration”.

• src/gamelogic/game/g_admin.c:4184 Not only this sentence is difficult to translate because it’s splitted like hell, but there is also a problem with the quotes. From “7(forcing layout '” and “')” (which are supposed to surroud the layout name), only the first sentence is translatable. Because of this, languages that doesn’t use single quotes as a way of quoting are forced to keep English single quotes here.

• src/gamelogic/game/g_cmds.c:2208 pitch and yaw are rather technical vocabulary I believe most people don’t know. I’m clueless about the words they translate to in my mother tongue. Can’t we use something like vertical and horizontal? The last round of template update also added entitynum, which I do understand but it’s quite meaningless.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

Some text will have to be re-done; but if it's split up like that, we inherited it that way – or possibly something worse :tongue:

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!