What are trail and beam ?

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
gnales
Dretch

What are trail and beam ?

Post by gnales »

Hello,
sorry but for the traduction I like to know what are trail and beam (tray system ...) ;
thank you in advance.

velociostrich
Dragoon

Re: What are trail and beam ?

Post by velociostrich »

I assume English is not your native language? I am not sure what you are trying to ask. Perhaps if you asked in your native language, there may be someone who speaks it that could help you.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Traduction sounds french. I'll attempt french then. I'm placed like 15th in my french class anyway :(

I'll do my best to speak in both french and simplified english, if my french sucks beyond of what you can understand, go to translate.google.com to translate my english half.
Je parles peu le francais. Si vous ne comprehends pas les ecrires de moi, vous pouvez aller a le site "translate.google.com" que traduction. Bon chance!

Francais

Le "particle system" et le "trail system" est peu codes que le joue lit a creer les particules et pistes similaire a les flammes et rayons que vous voyerais quand vous tirez les cannons.

Mon unvanquished viseul modification utilises édité officielle et non officielle particule systeme codes a crerais les effets similaire comme étincelles quand vous tirez les cannons a les buildables.

English
The "particle system" and the "trail system" are small codes which the game engine reads to produce particles, and trail beams, like the ones you see when you fire a flame thrower or pulse rifle.

My unvanquished visual mod contains edited official and unofficial particle system codes to produce effects such as sparks when you hit a buildable rather than a little flameball which originates from tremulous gpp.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

gnales
Dretch

Post by gnales »

Ok I have translate in considerate that trail = particle, ok ?

At you two thank you ;)

@velociostrich : Sorry I was not very clear, I want only an explication in english for understand that my fault sorry ^^

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

gnales wrote:

@velociostrich : Sorry I was not very clear, I want only an explication in english for understand that my fault sorry ^^

No need to apologize! Also, thanks for working on the translation!

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

:(
Btw, trail does not equal to a particle. It is a trail of a particle. It is the effect that the particle leaves behind as it passes through the space.

If you don't get it [using the same word to describe itself is not a good idea]...

Okay, lets say there's a drag race. You know how the tires leave those marks on the ground at the start line? That's a trail.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

gnales
Dretch

Post by gnales »

Ok I correct that when I have the time ;) (I think this week)

@velociostrich : thank to you for making this nice game ^^