Winter Mini Tournament 2013

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Winter Mini Tournament 2013

Post by kharnov »

We will be starting this soon! Here are some details.

When will the tournament take place?

On December 8th we will be having some practice rounds to make sure that everyone is acquainted with the new gameplay and that everyone has the game installed and that it's working properly. You will get a chance to meet and interact with your teammates and discuss things with each other.

Afterwards, we will have two match days on December 15th and December 22nd. There will be two games each on two maps, for a total of four games in a single day. One team will pick the map first, and the other team will pick the side; this is then reversed for the second match on that map.

How does scoring work?

If you win, you get three points. Draws get both teams one point. Losing gets you no points. The total score for each team will be kept tallied and posted in this thread. At the end of the second match day, we will declare the winning team.

What are the teams?

There are two teams that have been assigned on a semi-random basis. Your team captain will pick your temporary tag for the matches, one that does not exist for any current clan. For ease of identification during the matches, you should wear your tag.

Team 1

Ishq (captain), Elmo, Wiki, Endymion, killing time, Kynes, Khaos, Rhleymaster, Veyrdite.

Team 2

Viech (captain), Lecavalier, DwarfVader, Voltage, Duck, jackforward, F1rst19, Virus, hrmm.

Can I still sign up?

Of course! You have until this Sunday, and possibly up until the first game, although we may be iffy on late applications.

kharnov
Granger

Re: Winter Mini Tournament 2013

Post by kharnov »

Who will referee?

Either ds (Anomalous) or me, depending on which one of us is online at the time.

Are there any bonuses?

Yes, you will be able to get an early look at some maps we have in development. For instance, an early version of the new map Forlorn, or new releases of existing maps like Parpax that we want to get gameplay data on.

Note! If you are currently registered, please post in this thread to verify your registration.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Make sure you have a working Mumble and Unvanquished installation (including audio input and your favorite keybindings, respectively) before Sunday! Both teams may use the Mumble server at 46.38.234.31, password »unvanquished«.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Duck

Post by Duck »

Sorry, perhaps the elephant in the room, but any particular time on Sunday during which these practice matches are being held?

Thanks.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

19:00 GMT

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

kharnov wrote:

19:00 GMT

That would be one hour earlier than the dev matches, is this correct?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Correct. Please post here if there are any problems.

mooseberry

Post by mooseberry »

Hm I got an email about this. Maybe if I remember I will watch it.

Elmo
Dretch

Post by Elmo »

Can't wait! Team 1 will have a better name by Sunday!

Long live the legacy of:
[COM] [OPP] [ICE] =USA=
|AoD|[_MS} .!vR ?FH: .^
And many more...

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

Sorry guys, I will not be able to play this time, I'll be there in future games. (delete VolTagE from the list)