Stalkyard

Release your maps and discuss them, from alphas to finished releases.
FreeSlave

Stalkyard

Post by FreeSlave »

Remake of Half-Life stalkyard.
Actually I made it about 3 years ago for Tremulous. Maybe some of you played it on FServer when it was still alive. Recently I've added more details and new rooms and now packaged it for Unvanquished.
It's still just Tremulous map without any Unvanquished features. Probably I'll work on making the map more Unv-like later. For now I need your feedback on gameplay and layout.

Download map-stalkyard_b4.pk3

Some screenshots:

illwieckz
Project Head

Re: Stalkyard

Post by illwieckz »

Oh yes I remember (and recognize) this map! Nice to see it ported!

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

illwieckz wrote:

Oh yes I remember (and recognize) this map!

Me too, I think I remember playing an early version of it in GPP. :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

FreeSlave

Post by FreeSlave »

Cool, I had no idea that the map was played in places other than FServer. Note that there were two major versions, practically two different maps (stalkyard-b2 and stalkyard-b3). The first version is divided into three areas with only the one area available at the start (which is mostly rip-off of half-life stalkyard). As match proceeds the other two areas get opened. Then I realized that some passages were too narrow for big aliens like rant and completely redone the map basing it on the first area making passages much bigger but removing other two areas (I'm still going to reuse their parts on other map). Both versions were played on FServer.

But FServer was heavily modded, so I never could test the balance on normal gameplay (without mods).
What do you think? Maybe the starting alien room should get more space? Or the human base should not be outside?

Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

I've played it a few times!
Good to see you here. :granger:

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

I just uploaded your map on my server, so that's a mirror: map-stalkyard_b4.pk3.

I also uploaded a sidecar shipping navmesh and minimap for your map: map-stalkyard_b4+navmesh.pk3.

These two files are autodownloadables on my server, just connect to [url=unv://gg.illwieckz.net:27960]unv://gg.illwieckz.net:27960[/url], then callvote for the nextmap and callvote to end the current game this way (triggering the nextmap load):

Code: Select all

/callvote nextmap stalkyard
/callvote draw

[Edit: the map is also available on my other server]

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.