Tremulous memories

Discuss whatever you'd like!
ViruS
Granger

Re: Tremulous memories

Post by ViruS »

actually turns out i already have powergrid. I just made a path for it for my offline practice, got lost more often than the bots would.

I remember playing that map, but i barely played any games of it.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Elmo
Dretch

Post by Elmo »

I have memories all the way back to 2006. Anybody remember that server, what was it SST? some 60 player server where every game was dominated by KARL MALONE or Existential Risk' Basilisk. Clans like {SGA} (Killerz) [OPP] AoD [COM] }MG{(Guild I know) CU| NT| Zubs AA
Doing the Granger Games with [COM] was one of the best things I did.
Servers like ++Beer Garden++
Man those were the good days for sure. What ever happened to tremulous? It had pretty much died down around 2008-9, didn't seem like much was going on even after the 1.2 gpp, whats all this unvanquished business? Anybody who's been around for a while wanna fill me in?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Well, Unvanquished wants to be a spiritual successor to Tremulous. Not a clone or remake though, we will be trying new stuff. We are in alpha state and didn't advertise yet. We expect to be the most famous, highest rated game of all times once we hit beta, bringing back the good old times!

Welcome to our forums, Elmo!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

What's up Elmo. Glad to see you back. Pretty much, We want to create a vibrant community with clans and public servers.

Tremulous is pretty much dying. GPP is dead. 1.1 has a tiny clan scene: Pk, Fk, .: (Effect's clan), [+] (FLattire's clan), Pmw (Bug's clan). We do get scome scrims every now and then. AA is still up though.

Elmo
Dretch

Post by Elmo »

And what's this MurnataN deal, like a tremulous 2 or something? Or is this closer to a tremulous 2?

danmal

Post by danmal »

It's a commercial project (closed source, costs money to play) that aims to be the spiritual sequel to Tremulous. Originally it was called Tremulous 2 but the original creators of Tremulous asked them to change their name. They haven't made a release yet and I'm guessing that it'll be a long time before they release something playable.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Ishq wrote:

Pmw (Bug's clan)

Never seen.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

For what it's worth. They've never seen you either. Their tag is ($)

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Are they a new clan? I haven't touched the internet for a week since I was in Gold Coast for the holidays... Actually I'm still in the airport in syd waiting for another flight...
Airport internet is soso but it doesn't allow private connections or something like that, it won't let me commit to github, won't let me view the masterlist etc. :/

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Revival of an old clan.