Disappearance of dead bodies and weapons

Request new features or present your ideas.
seana11
Tyrant

Re: Disappearance of dead bodies and weapons

Post by seana11 »

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

Doesn't necessarily have to be vaporized to be absorbed by the environment. The dead bodies could be liquified.

Now that would be a cool effect to have.

Actually, this could explain why there are no alien maps. Say the humans found this substance, and discovered that it was really strong, so they built some bases out of it without realizing how rare it was. Unbeknownst to the humans, this is the real reason that the aliens invaded, not because they're evil or anything. They're just after the bases.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

That makes no sense. I'd rather see human bodies fade away with a teleportation effect and alien bodies decompose with a buzzing swarm digesting them. Of course, that assumes you haven't been gibbed.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

kharnov wrote:

That makes no sense. I'd rather see human bodies fade away with a teleportation effect and alien bodies decompose with a buzzing swarm digesting them. Of course, that assumes you haven't been gibbed.

The gibbing effect was removed from the trem code anyway. I hope it comes back, but if we do, we might have to do a little more than super-low poly rock-like shaped models...

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

There is no reason why the dead bodies can't be liquified. For the humans, their equipment can have the teleportation effect and the rest of the bodies liquefy. For the aliens, the bodies can decompose with the flies swarming and then liquefy.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

That'd be funny if lamefun (no offense) somehow developed some theory on how the liquidation works, and the aliens somehow found out and utilized this against them.

GRANGER WITH LIQUEFYING GUN! HRMMM HWA!

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

I've got it!
The human body is whatever large percentage water right? So the bodies can just evaporate!

kthxbai.