What if..?

Request new features or present your ideas.
ViruS
Granger

Re: What if..?

Post by ViruS »

Anomalous wrote:

I'm considering adjusting this one so that the damage is actually increased initially. Something like the first ⅕ of the distance travelled. (The maximum damage will remain unchanged.)
I'm saying that flamethrowers don't work 'extreme point blank' because the flame has to enlargen first right?

You'll have to describe that.
Bullet storm slid kick turning speed is a constant, so if you start turning a little bit, it turns at that speed. If you move your mouse rapidly, you still only turn at that speed. Kinda gay but it works because it prevents people from doing things like /sensitivity 900

Pounce could do with something like that…
Actually maybe a higher max value would be sweet

Hmm, possibly… would mean that hives get used more. I'd delay sending the second one out for half of the lifetime of the swarm entity, though.
Well tubes in my opinion are useless unless a trapper is involved and the tube is very close to the target. The knockback is also a problem with tubes, i think it should set the scale to 0

Sounds like fun…! Slow health loss for H, reduced/no recovery for aliens. Temporary effect? Would have to return to medistation or creep to recover from that? I doubt that the medikit should work…

I think medkit should still work, just a bit on how AIDS work on korx (basically a weak poison that cant be healed)

E-Mxp wrote:

Some of my ideas:

What if you give the pulse rifle "bullets" gravity. In the second alpha they already look like electric plasmabolts(?), and giving them an arc would visually make sense. Also this would stop making it a long range weapon.There needs to be adjustment to the gravity of the bullet then, lets say a 0.2 modifier. I'm currently waiting for someone to compile my qvm to test this out

The Dragoons barb should regenerate faster when near a booster or basilisk. In game-logic, they make you regenerate faster, so you already sort of expect the barbs to regenerate faster as well.Pros - indestructable! If you hit a ckit healing their base, hit another human camping, and so on, the splash doing the dmg to the base.... gee thats OP

Maybe give the hovel a (non-advanced) basilisk healing aura. Give it low health and only allow it to be built outside of the overminds creep so the regular basilisk does not lose its supportive role.Erm, i think it would lose its supportive role in some cases. How bout the hovel become a structure which humans go near to get swallowed by some portal which kills them with a repeat rate of onekill/20seconds? Such a troll buildable then

Another idea is to make the hovel regenerate the buildings faster. Have it remove the pause between taking damage and regenerating health or instance. For balance you should make it expensive though.I was thinking about this a few months ago but not sure about removing the pause...

Have the granger spit blur the humans vision like l4d's boomer bile.Should we add the 'gassssss' visual effect?

Allow players to sacrifice credits/evolution points for buildpoints. A running granger could get his just destroyed base back together faster by spending his 9 evo's he earned by not dying.Teamfights on who donates evos/creds?

Duke_Forever wrote:

What if you can't build structures on places that are physically impossible to hold that structure? For example right now you can build a turret or an acid tube on the edge of a box, with most of the structure suspended in the air and it won't fall on the ground.

Logic says that placing roots on a metal or glass surface won't help keep a structure as such on a ceiling.
Logic says that you shouldn't be able to prone sideways with only a portion of you on the building in BF3.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Duke_Forever wrote:

What if you can't build structures on places that are physically impossible to hold that structure? For example right now you can build a turret or an acid tube on the edge of a box, with most of the structure suspended in the air and it won't fall on the ground.

I think that could work.
If turrets had newton physics and weren't actually glued to the ground (which doesn't make a lot of sense), then bigger aliens like rants and goons could theoretically push the turrets and be able to make them fall off the edges.

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

Duke_Forever wrote:

This has to do with the game using boundingboxes/hitboxes, so I don't think this is a problem that is fixable.
What you could do is to open up Netradiant and apply the nobuild shader(?) to the corners and edges of... everything. However, this is extremely labor intensive. Personally, I wouldn't bother.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

True, but another problem with hitboxes/bboxes is that they usually do not turn, flip, or change direction. Then the model has to lock onto the bbox.
What if.... we made the models of structures become the hitboxes? With an exception of the turret, because that turns. I guess we could have some modified thing with that like a cylinder kind of thing. Then have the models lock onto the bbox, and have the bbox 'moveable', 'flippable', 'turnable'...

Qrntz
Dragoon

Post by Qrntz »

ViruS wrote:

True, but another problem with hitboxes/bboxes is that they usually do not turn, flip, or change direction. Then the model has to lock onto the bbox.
What if.... we made the models of structures become the hitboxes? With an exception of the turret, because that turns. I guess we could have some modified thing with that like a cylinder kind of thing. Then have the models lock onto the bbox, and have the bbox 'moveable', 'flippable', 'turnable'...

lol

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

What we could do is to add support for cylindrical hitboxes, as in Quake Live. That could help.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

E-Mxp wrote:

What we could do is to add support for cylindrical hitboxes, as in Quake Live. That could help.

yes that's a good idea, they also have that in Warsow
but I don't know if it would affect performance much

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

What if healing structures with the ckit was continuous like when you stand on a medi instead of incremental?

lamefun
Tyrant

Post by lamefun »

What if egg bleeding actually helped mysterious ways?

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!