noob needs help

Get support for Unvanquished.
maria lexx

noob needs help

Post by maria lexx »

Hello guys.i realy realy want to play this game,but it does not work for me. i'm kind of a noob so if anyone could help me i would realy apreciate it.i downloaded the installer for windows- Unvanquished-0.11.0-windows-installer.clicked Run,completed the Setup wisard ,installing -assets,game paks,maps,osavul.asked me to delete old vms pk3s from fs_homepath.clicked yes.than finish.so far so good but when double clicking the unvanquished icon on the desktop it gives me an error -Couldn't load default.cfg I am missing essential files verify your installation.copy console log to clipboard?
i reinstaled it a few times and the same thing pops up.please help.thank u

icaro440
Marauder

Re: noob needs help

Post by icaro440 »

Same thing happens to me, but with the Linux version. (Linux Mint Maya)

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

You have to download all the assets. Make sure when you run the installer, you have Assets and Maps checked so those are downloaded.

danmal

Post by danmal »

Try using the installer available here. It sounds like you have a corrupted .pak which the new installer should pick up and offer to replace. Tell me if it fixes your issue.

maria lexx

Post by maria lexx »

danmal I used the installer you specified but it woldn't install all the assets.now when i try to start the game it gives me another error : error during initialisation.copy console log to clipboard?any other ideas?

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Download the Assets manually: http://sourceforge.net/projects/unvanqu ... es/Assets/
Get every file except index.html and map-XXXYYY.pk3. The map's aren't required to start the game, but they are essential to playing the game. Some of the maps won't be distributed next alpha according to karnov's latest blog post so you can skip them for now until you get your game fixed.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

danmal

Post by danmal »

maria lexx wrote:

danmal I used the installer you specified but it woldn't install all the assets.now when i try to start the game it gives me another error : error during initialisation.copy console log to clipboard?any other ideas?

Can you give me the error message from the installer?