Some settings are not being saved and some UI problems

Get support for Unvanquished.
JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Some settings are not being saved and some UI problems

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Some settings are not being saved. Namely the HUD and some of the Player settings. When I start the game, my name is not recognized and I have to set it manually every time along with other misc player settings (tutorial mode, warning dialog, wall walk speed, etc). The HUD settings also has to be reset manually. I deleted the autogen.cfg from the profile directory per Ishiq's suggestion, but it didn't work. I also noticed that the HUD setting option in game is not displayed while it displays normally on main screen.

http://picpaste.com/e01f438d88a869643d2 ... 73ca22.jpg
http://picpaste.com/1fea9af56a24fa8581f ... 9f2392.jpg

The first picture is the HUD setting option in game when connected to the server, and the second is when playing locally. Notice the lack of any options displayed on the first, and the second picture has some options but does not display the different HUDs that I have (Hotfix HUD).

Also, there are no language options in the pull down menu. It's just empty.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Some settings are not being saved and some UI problems

Post by Ishq »

Give me a condump. Since you're compiling from source, please ensure you do the following things:

1) Copy the ui/ folder from unvsrcroot/main/ui to ~/.Unvanquished
2) Ensure that all pk3s are in fs_basepath, this will make things easy for you and avoid pk3 conflicts.
3) Make sure you have pak0-8.pk3

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

The hudfix hud options don't show in servers because they are pure. Also, try running the install_hotfix.cfg, it will set the values in your autogen.cfg so that at least those values do save.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Condump as requested. I have the pk3s in my fs_homepath. Moving the files to fs_basepath caused crash for some reason.
Manually running hotfix_install.cfg works once. When I quit and restart the game, HUD settings are not saved.

I can access HUD settings in game on my Vista.

Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!