Gameplay elements

Request new features or present your ideas.
WhiteTech
Mantis

Re: Gameplay elements

Post by WhiteTech »

Instead of Domination, I think it was a N7 server I was on, I think the server is called now "Revamped creep/colony system"

You had a special building that generated BP, the catch is they can't be too close to each other, you needed a large distance from other ones to build a new one. There's also other mechanics like the other team being unable to build in your Creep/Colony radius and what-not.

It's on GPP check it out. I really quite like it, maybe we could have a certain number of these to move to the next stage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

WhiteTech wrote:

Instead of Domination, I think it was a N7 server I was on, I think the server is called now "Revamped creep/colony system"

You had a special building that generated BP, the catch is they can't be too close to each other, you needed a large distance from other ones to build a new one. There's also other mechanics like the other team being unable to build in your Creep/Colony radius and what-not.

It's on GPP check it out. I really quite like it, maybe we could have a certain number of these to move to the next stage

That's essentially unltd bp. It sucks, since there's the whole camping-building complex that happens in ubp.

Comet

Post by Comet »

kharnov wrote:

... or you can just shoot at the eggs?

Can you hit the eggs on ATCS? Tell me that. It's a good idea.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

ATCS is hopefully not something we'll be keeping around in perpetuity.

Comet

Post by Comet »

kharnov wrote:

Good :D

UniqPhoeniX wrote:
  1. Camping at s1 as humans gives tons of credits and s2 if aliens attack, or stalls the game if they don't.
  2. Camping still gives more credits. If your team is not a bunch of feeders, and the other team is attacking, camping until they are poor is the best strategy. If the other team is not stupid and avoids feeding, the game will stall.
  3. The beating is not in any way horrible once your entire team is chainsuits/goons/rants and the other team is poor.

Forward bases can only be a threat if there are players attacking from it... A building that attacks based on distance alone will work through walls and thus break many maps and limit mappers.

Noobs who will never attack, even when they are full are not the only ones who camp. In Tremulous if you want to win, sometimes camping is what you should be doing.

Lol you thought I was serious about the commander?! You're funny.

You basically just reinforced my point by saying that... I don't know if you read what I said correctly lol

Judging by your comment I think you play 1.1 a lot... So... Sorry about that.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

Technically, we don't have ATCS anyway…

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

kharnov wrote:

Thank god!

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Damn. T'was my fravourite map because you don't have to run to much to get into combat. Not to mention needing to load many brushes.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

ViruS wrote:

Damn. T'was my fravourite map because you don't have to run to much to get into combat. Not to mention needing to load many brushes.

It's a good map, but once you play it a few thousand times, it becomes f*cking annoying

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

KenuR wrote:

It's a good map, but once you play it a few thousand times, it becomes f*cking annoying

Let's see. Here are some estimates for my Tremulous activity back when I used to play it. I'd play for..

• Roughly 4 hours per day.

• Thus, roughly 8 games per day.

• Of those, likely 2 games of ATCS each day.

• I'd play perhaps 5 days per week.

• There are 52 weeks in a year.

• I played Tremulous for 5 years.

• Thus, I've played ATCS roughly 2,600 times.

In short,

FUCK ATCS