My ideas after 10 minutes gameplay

Request new features or present your ideas.
Spectre

My ideas after 10 minutes gameplay

Postby Spectre » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:01 pm UTC

1. Add tail to mantis cause scout should be fast and fast animal should have tail for better running control.
2. Pounce for mantis is almost useless, its good only for escape. Jump is pretty big risk for small alien and forward pounce means death to small weak alien. Its good for goon but not for mantis.
I know it's illogical to add tail and remove pounce to mantis but I think that cute aliens should adapt than die.
3. Stop with this fast dead body removing. As alien I want to hide here but I can't cause bots can see me or dead body disappears.
4. Fix bug where I'm stuck in telenode if I'm staying here and someone is spawning.
5. Change texture design cause it's really horrible (still far far far better than murnatan) compared to tremulous. Add atleast some interesting details like mara's zzzap.
6. Blood, add more blooood. Its basic aesthetic thing in games...
7. add more smoke to flamethrower it will be harder for aliens to hit me or I could use it for escape.
8. Decrease jetpack speed cause it's way too fast, it would be cool to add old tremulous jetpack and add fuel instead this. It's not fun at all.
9. Decrease human stamina cause it's again way too much, you can jump and decrease alien damage from head to leg/body and it's pretty OP if you can jump so many times.
10. use neural vision for bots, some bots won't be able to see hidden alien cause every bot could have trained other concentrate spots.
I think it could work that you add blur to some places of image with YOLO network. Warning: this could heat server's GPU :D.
11. add 2D build marks for builders so good granger/ckit can predict base and teamnates can discuss/change base before it's built
12. add badges like "survive with 1 hp and kill 3x dretch" that will increase morale in teamnates aroud you for few seconds, morale will increase reloading speed or alien walking speed (speed bonus based on aliens near you).
13. add quake 2 "Double jump" if it's not in game yet.

Sry for english I don't actually care about grammar.
illwieckz
Project Head

Re: My ideas after 10 minutes gameplay

Postby illwieckz » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:23 pm UTC

3. Stop with this fast dead body removing. As alien I want to hide here but I can't cause bots can see me or dead body disappears.

I sometime think about dead bodies being part of gameplay, like aliens sucking their evolve points from them, and/or requiring them to evolve (like if they were nesting in it) so we can remove the annoying limitation based on enemies being too much near, allowing aliens to evolve anytime if they are near an egg in base or near a dead body anywhere else.

For the cheated bot vision, yeah that's annoying, that sometime feels like playing against a wallhack player, btw the better fix to that issue is to trade bots with players: tremulous had no bots and had a lot of players, so no one cared about bots issues. The priority is to grow a player base and it requires no programming skills (I'm not saying it's easy, though).

On the human bot side, it would be good to add an increasing random miss rate the most close the enemy is, to behave a bit like a real player: the closer the ennemy is, a greater mouse movement is required, naturally making people missing shots. The cheated bot aiming skill is very annoying when they have a painsaw in hand for example, no one real player can have this preciseness while running and jumping around. It would be also be good to increase the miss ratio while a bot is jumping, it would naturally compensate the unrealistic aiming skill of marauder bots that just behave like boring auto fire hacks.
This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.
Tom
Dragoon

Re: My ideas after 10 minutes gameplay

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:45 pm UTC

illwieckz wrote:I sometime think about dead bodies being part of gameplay, like aliens sucking their evolve points from them, and/or requiring them to evolve (like if they were nesting in it) so we can remove the annoying limitation based on enemies being too much near, allowing aliens to evolve anytime if they are near an egg in base or near a dead body anywhere else.

I like this idea.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”