Lets discuss Tyrant

Get support for Unvanquished.
GORE
Dretch

Lets discuss Tyrant

Postby GORE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:25 am UTC

In what situation is Tyrant best suited? With that huge hitbox I can't see why I should pick that class ever. Attack speed is slow, he cant jump, cant flee...
illwieckz
Project Head

Re: Lets discuss Tyrant

Postby illwieckz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 am UTC

It is powerful. By the way his power is made almost unusable given player have to aim very precisely, and it's very easy to miss the shot. Sometime I think about a Tyrant with a kind of damage “spread“: if you were a real tyrant with an human in front of you, you would not have to aim precisely to hit it badly, just slash… Viech also said we can completely re-imagine its kind of attack, see this thread.
This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.
GORE
Dretch

Re: Lets discuss Tyrant

Postby GORE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:46 pm UTC

Oh I completely forgot about that thread (well it's been two years since it was active). I thought it was good to mention this unit again since the development seems to have a good pace now. :) kharnov pointing out good points already so I have nothing to add atm.

I agree that it is silly to have to aim precisely when the claws are meant to slash and swing.

Hope to see a fix soon. I think he would be really great as a defense unit when humans have reached the alien base.

Return to “Troubleshooting”