Balance changes and ideas.

Request new features or present your ideas.
DeathByMe

Re: Balance changes and ideas.

Post by DeathByMe »

Saliva wrote:

The suggestions by people who have only played 1.1 are hilarious. Actually play gpp/unvanquished more than a couple of times before suggesting anything.

Lucifer cannon isn't too powerful at all. The charge time is long and it's very easy to miss with the projectile despite it being faster than in 1.1. The long charge time is the biggest issue. It means that the alien can time his attacks quite easily to avoid getting shot. Damage per second is significantly less than in 1.1 as well. I rarely lose to a luci when I'm using a tyrant. The weapon has too many drawbacks. imo luci should be improved in some way instead of weakened.

What......the actual F*** are you on? Its aweful.

Saliva wrote:

The suggestions by people who have only played 1.1 are hilarious. Actually play gpp/unvanquished more than a couple of times before suggesting anything.

I think I have posted these before but these are some the changes I would like:

1. Less shotgun pellet spread to make it more useful for a bit longer ranges.

Are you retarded? lets make all guns shoot to exactly 30 meters, and all do the same fucking thing. Lets make the lasgun do the same damage as luci, but does require charging, and shoots as fast as MassDriver

Saliva wrote:
  1. Faster pulse rifle projectile speed to make it better at killing aliens and to make it possible to chase aliens.

Good idea, while you at it developers, can you give the humans a weapon the has no recharge time, does use ammo, and insta kills all aliens on the map instantly?

Saliva wrote:
  1. Faster flamer projectile speed and no self burn.

Its been implemented.

Saliva wrote:
  1. Dretch is very easy to kill with the help of dodge and unlagged. Short pounce would help a lot so it would be possible to move unpredictably but still get closer to the human. It would also increase skill ceiling so a skilled dretch could do a lot more. Currently killing a human with it is more based on the skill of the human rather than the skill of the dretch.

I dont really have an opinion on this

Saliva wrote:
  1. Dragoon is too strong. I would prefer that s1 vs s1 was balanced with a weaker goon. There shouldn't be such a massive gap in power between the dretch and goon. The pounce spam is just silly. It takes almost no skill to do and is extremely powerful and gives great mobility.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK - retard mode activate.

Saliva wrote:
  1. Tyrant is too strong. The real issue is the charge. It can be almost instant death to any human and it gives great mobility as well. Even if not using the charge to do damage and use it just for mobility it's still too powerful. It's easy to just charge around a corner and slash a human to death. Because of the mobility it's very hard to do 350 damage to the tyrant before it can escape and heal. Perhaps changing it that it's harder to turn when charging it could work better.

Do you even play video games?

DeathByMe

Post by DeathByMe »

Saliva wrote:

So it's a bit more versatile.

Kills tyrants it like 6 shots, not accurate math there, havnt checked max damage

every time i see something you post, my opinion of your mental state lowers drastically.

danmal

Post by danmal »

Can we please keep this civil? Disagreeing with someone is fine but insulting them isn't.

DeathByMe

Post by DeathByMe »

I KNOW, lets make the game like the best game in the UNIVERSE!~~

Lets make it like black ops, with robots n shit.

All the guns will be real guns, with the same projectile speed, very similar damage and slightly different recoil!!!

it will be the best video game.

while we are at it, we can give it a snazzy new name, hmmm, let me think of a couple:

1) Piece of poo
2) Vidyo gaem for the twelvz
3) poo.

DeathByMe

Post by DeathByMe »

danmal wrote:

Can we please keep this civil? Disagreeing with someone is fine but insulting them isn't.

ok....calming down...
ill just stop posting for a while, let myself calm down.

GaMeRpRo2001

Post by GaMeRpRo2001 »

Saliva wrote:

Lucifer cannon isn't too powerful at all. The charge time is long and it's very easy to miss with the projectile despite it being faster than in 1.1. The long charge time is the biggest issue. It means that the alien can time his attacks quite easily to avoid getting shot. Damage per second is significantly less than in 1.1 as well. I rarely lose to a luci when I'm using a tyrant. The weapon has too many drawbacks. imo luci should be improved in some way instead of weakened.

2. Faster pulse rifle projectile speed to make it better at killing aliens and to make it possible to chase aliens.

3. Faster flamer projectile speed and no self burn.

4. Dretch is very easy to kill with the help of dodge and unlagged. Short pounce would help a lot so it would be possible to move unpredictably but still get closer to the human. It would also increase skill ceiling so a skilled dretch could do a lot more. Currently killing a human with it is more based on the skill of the human rather than the skill of the dretch.

5. Dragoon is too strong. I would prefer that s1 vs s1 was balanced with a weaker goon. There shouldn't be such a massive gap in power between the dretch and goon. The pounce spam is just silly. It takes almost no skill to do and is extremely powerful and gives great mobility.

6. Tyrant is too strong. The real issue is the charge. It can be almost instant death to any human and it gives great mobility as well. Even if not using the charge to do damage and use it just for mobility it's still too powerful. It's easy to just charge around a corner and slash a human to death. Because of the mobility it's very hard to do 350 damage to the tyrant before it can escape and heal. Perhaps changing it that it's harder to turn when charging it could work better.

do u even lift brah?

Computer gaming is dying, the ONLY possible future of gaming is consoles ~.~;;; If I want to use a computer I just use my macbook XD

GaMeRpRo2001

Post by GaMeRpRo2001 »

i forgot to say
u jelly

Computer gaming is dying, the ONLY possible future of gaming is consoles ~.~;;; If I want to use a computer I just use my macbook XD

DeathByMe

Post by DeathByMe »

Ok, but seriously, this game will turn into Call of Duty: Bad Ops if those types of suggestions where implemented.

The game works, and is fun because it is VERY different from any other game. If you change that, i would change to call of duty any day.

No, dont make shotgun long range, NO, dont make pulse fast, NO, dragoon is NOT "too strong", NO, Niether is rant.

mw3

Post by mw3 »

Saliva wrote:

:o

Saliva wrote:

The shotgun is not meant to be useful at long range, which is rectified by how devastating it can be close up. It is still able to damage at a decent range, increasing it's range will make it the only weapon worth purchasing.

Saliva wrote:

2. Faster pulse rifle projectile speed to make it better at killing aliens and to make it possible to chase aliens.

If you want that, buy a fucking las gun. Stop trying to make every gun good at every role, that makes the game boring. Having a wide arsenal of weapons to choose from that all excel in different areas it what makes this game so interesting and pulls it away from the typical modern day war shooter.

Saliva wrote:

3. Faster flamer projectile speed and no self burn.

We don't want to create a long range pain saw. The 1.1.0 flame thrower is perfect. It dishes out incredible amounts of damage but it takes a lot of care to use it without damaging yourself in the process. The reduced self damage it seems to have currently is already ridiculous and any other adjustments will make the flamethrower too strong.

Saliva wrote:

4. Dretch is very easy to kill with the help of dodge and unlagged. Short pounce would help a lot so it would be possible to move unpredictably but still get closer to the human. It would also increase skill ceiling so a skilled dretch could do a lot more. Currently killing a human with it is more based on the skill of the human rather than the skill of the dretch.

STRAFE JUMP

Saliva wrote:

5. Dragoon is too strong. I would prefer that s1 vs s1 was balanced with a weaker goon. There shouldn't be such a massive gap in power between the dretch and goon. The pounce spam is just silly. It takes almost no skill to do and is extremely powerful and gives great mobility.

The dragoon is meant to be mobile. I do think that the pounce speed is maybe a little bit too high, but that would be the only change to make the dragoon 'weaker' and more 's1 vs s1 balanced'. A dragoon can be brought down quite easily with an effective team.

Saliva wrote:

6. Tyrant is too strong. The real issue is the charge. It can be almost instant death to any human and it gives great mobility as well. Even if not using the charge to do damage and use it just for mobility it's still too powerful. It's easy to just charge around a corner and slash a human to death. Because of the mobility it's very hard to do 350 damage to the tyrant before it can escape and heal. Perhaps changing it that it's harder to turn when charging it could work better.

The tyrant has 50 less health and can no longer heal without a basilisk around or after completely retreating. If anything, the tyrant has become weaker. The tyrant, imo, doesn't even fit into a good alien team anymore. It used to be a good tank for the dragoons to pounce around and clean up, but now it just seems to be a sprinting powerhouse controlled by idiots trying to get as many charge kills as possible.

Your suggestions are flawed and it seems as if you want to make humans as biased as possible because that's the only team you play. There are many other first person shooters that provide what you seem to want a lot better than Tremulous can, I suggest you try other video games if you are looking for something where the only variety in weapons come from different aesthetics

danmal

Post by danmal »

Kreative wrote:

One thing to keep in mind; a lot of people are asking for game play that is going to reward them for being higher skill level, and that is great, I am too, however, there should be at least some hope of not getting pounded into the ground if you're a newer player. A tutorial or some tool tips would certainly help, but that's not going to take them all the way. The game play should be easy enough that new players can sort of get the gist of it within one or two games, but yet, if you're of a higher skill level, it would still show.

I agree. This is hard to pull off but hopefully we'll figure something out.

Saliva wrote:

Shotgun is already really good. I think it's important to make sure all weapons feel different and have different roles. Decreasing shotgun spread compromises this idea.

Saliva wrote:
  1. Faster pulse rifle projectile speed to make it better at killing aliens and to make it possible to chase aliens.

Pulse is already pretty good and really shines in scrims where you can sit back and pound the alien base with little risk.

Saliva wrote:
  1. Dretch is very easy to kill with the help of dodge and unlagged. Short pounce would help a lot so it would be possible to move unpredictably but still get closer to the human. It would also increase skill ceiling so a skilled dretch could do a lot more. Currently killing a human with it is more based on the skill of the human rather than the skill of the dretch.

There's some interest in this idea. I wouldn't mind seeing the dretch getting a little something extra. As long as it's fun to play against a pouncing dretch I'd support this.

Saliva wrote:
  1. Dragoon is too strong. I would prefer that s1 vs s1 was balanced with a weaker goon. There shouldn't be such a massive gap in power between the dretch and goon. The pounce spam is just silly. It takes almost no skill to do and is extremely powerful and gives great mobility.

Pounce spam has been nerfed since gpp (it was silly back then). I'm not a huge fan of 1 hit kills however and wouldn't mind seeing goon getting a small nerf to it's chomp. This is pretty controversial however.