about marauders...

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
JBiscuitz
Mantis

about marauders...

Post by JBiscuitz »

Why do i feel like my swipe has been nerfed so much? How much damage does a swipe do now to a naked human? Head shot? Helmet shot? Battlesuit? Battlesuit head shot?

The zap is a plus as it feels more effective(instant damage WOOT op!), but my swipe feels like i cant 2 shot helmetless humans anymore.... was this a balancing issue?

Its not a big deal, its just i mostly play mara, even in stage 3 because i love the class.

On a side note, are there any plans to add a third evolution form of the marauder? I was shooting around some ideas in another post somwhere, but I would love to have some upgraded form of marauders (assuming it wouldn't unbalance the game)!

Ishq
Project Head

Re: about marauders...

Post by Ishq »

No, mara slash damage was not touched (2 headshots for a helmetless human). We only reduced mara jump height so it wouldn't run into the ceiling everytime it jumped. And yeah, I'm considering making mara zap deal a certain damage over time (no more instant damage), so the mara must stay in range of it's target for a certain amount of time if it wishes to deal max damage.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

perhaps an AOE zap that surrounds the mara? is that feasible? it could continue to be used as long as the button is held followed by a short reload time... i like the idea of being able to have this active while slicing. maybe it doesnt target team like current zap? just bouncing around ideas.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

JBiscuitz wrote:

The zap is a plus as it feels more effective(instant damage WOOT op!)

We're currently using GPP marauder zap, complete with fall-off near full range.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

So can i have a new marauder? S3 mara with flamethrowers and chainsaws!

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

JBiscuitz wrote:

perhaps an AOE zap that surrounds the mara? is that feasible? it could continue to be used as long as the button is held followed by a short reload time... i like the idea of being able to have this active while slicing. maybe it doesnt target team like current zap? just bouncing around ideas.

Not sure what you mean, but the idea that come to my head is the korx adv marauder.
Basically, al you have to do is hold the right mouse button and be within range to do small damage over time. You don't even have to aim.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

Yes, something along those lines. Nerf the damage, make it so it has a limited amount of use that reloads over time. I love the mara zap currently, especially when helping basilisks kill without team swiping, but it is just too inaccurate at times

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Actually the korx zap barely does any damage but it actually sucks up energy ammo, cloak and jetpack battery (apparently they run on batteries) which is pretty cool feature.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

Any way the slash range can be increased slightly? I play mara all the time, much more than goons or rants, and my system of slashing a human as i pass by doesnt seem to reach anymore.

I practiced a whole game against bots attempting to fly by and slice and i would only connect if i was virtually rubbing the human with the mara.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

JBiscuitz wrote:

Any way the slash range can be increased slightly? I play mara all the time, much more than goons or rants, and my system of slashing a human as i pass by doesnt seem to reach anymore.

I practiced a whole game against bots attempting to fly by and slice and i would only connect if i was virtually rubbing the human with the mara.

It was supposed to become 'easier' with the smaller jump, but thats not the case for me too. I tend to not go over the humane and do a headswipe, rather i clip into them and fall and my swipe somehow missses...
Marauder is actually quite fun with a long range, but it can be quite overpowering, i've proved it on my 1.1 mod. I kept it though, because my 1.1 mod involved permanent vampire mod meaning whenever i hit, i will gain health. Aliens don't really gain much hp from humans because armour is not calculated because the damage modifiers are applied before the health gain code is executed, so i could say it is balanced.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage