Proposal: Vulture

Request new features or present your ideas.
Akele

Re: Proposal: Vulture

Post by Akele »

Despite the fact that the aliens are... aliens, it does not change the nature that they are of a similar species, at least in the same phylum of similar characteristics of arthropods. Of this, the wings in above concepts seem to be of an amphibious, aquatic or mammal class nature, instead, it should probably look something more like so:

Eirhjien
Dretch

Post by Eirhjien »

you guys can ad eyes and segment the wings and do whatever you need to make things match, i dont care on my end, just too lazy to do edits. The reason im starting to bring a little aquatic theme in is based off the tyrant. when you look at the actual build of the creature it slowly start looking more and more crustacean, especially the chest, reminds me of barnacles building on reef. It's kinda a ref to an evolution path that happened around the time we had giant insects "i dont remember the exact year, i wasnt born yet ;p", but something like the aquatics with exoskeletons that once swam the oceans.
truthfully the thing i drew is based off something i saw washed up on shore about 15 years ago, I've never found the exact thing i saw but very similar species that prove it easily can exist.

Wolf eel, Not what I saw but close…

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

...Now that is creepy!

I do think though that it should resemble the other aliens. Having a Lovecraftian aquatic/flying creature is cool, but would not fit in the alien insectoid species.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

NESSIE! :D

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Akele wrote:

Despite the fact that the aliens are... aliens, it does not change the nature that they are of a similar species, at least in the same phylum of similar characteristics of arthropods. Of this, the wings in above concepts seem to be of an amphibious, aquatic or mammal class nature, instead, it should probably look something more like so:

Stole your wings :p

Qrntz
Dragoon

Post by Qrntz »

Qrntz wrote:

This is very rawr.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Image This might be interesting...

Eirhjien
Dretch

Post by Eirhjien »

long week, but i got the e-mail about making taking a look at this and making it a little more evilish... and after long hours of study, i think the main issue is clear, we got a little pokemon stuck in our silent hill.

annnnnyway, id rather save time and just move this sketch foward, so here are some of the real issues and bla bla...

wings a little to small,body way to big - so we make like hallow bone, lookes creepier anyway...
insects have mandibles, bone fish have jaws like that "again, why i do aquatic refrences, all yo monsters look like fish" - so we swap it out.
the eyes need to be more for a flight insect like a wasp or moth not a spider- so we swap that out.
no stinger, nothing this big needs poison, it would hunt more like a real like african owl eagle. They eat monkey, your thing eats people... and it works for the game, swoop in and headbut your prey at 80mph crushing its skull and kiling it.
we can make even it more horrific, but that involves breaking the rules...

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Wow, that's really intimidating! Also, is it smoking a cigarette? :p