Extremely bright textures

Get support for Unvanquished.
Asvarox
Mantis

Extremely bright textures

Post by Asvarox »

textures of new tyrant, dretch and trapper are extremely bright, I'm running old renderer. KenuR reported that issue too.

Also, at arachnid2 many laps became purple/pink (originally white). Bots still cease to move sometimes despite fixed navmeshes.

KenuR
Tyrant

Re: Extremely bright textures

Post by KenuR »

bots generally don't move if they are on some sort of platform above the ground

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Hmm, the brightness of the textures is known. That only happens for md5 models in order to remove the shadows that plagued previous versions. I can lower the ambient light to see if it helps. As for arachnid2 lamps(?), I have not see such an issue on the old renderer, though I have noticed weird discoloration with the new renderer. I'll look into it.

For bots, some of the issues are not navmesh related, but gamecode related. Those will be ironed out as we move further along.

As always, thanks for reporting these bugs. It helps out alot.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Ishq wrote:

Hmm, the brightness of the textures is known. That only happens for md5 models in order to remove the shadows that plagued previous versions. I can lower the ambient light to see if it helps.

It only happens to dretches and tyrants, other models are fine. And they looked normal in 0.3.5